Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
bsimms89

New York License Watch April 2018

Seems like, yeah we have to wait a little while. 

Just spoke to one of the reps, and they were just "putting the grades into the system" then after that, it will go to "que" for licensing. Thats about another 2-3 months wow. How can it be this slow lol its 2018 for F sake! 

I am waiting for my approval just to sit for the PE exam which has taken over 8 weeks now but I thought for people who passed it says on the website that from the date NCEES gives the pass result, "After 4 to 6 weeks you may check our website to see if a license has been issued."

Edited by PB&Jelly

Today is the 4-week mark since NYS results were released. 

Just now, PB&Jelly said:

How long did approval to sit for the exam take for you?

Its the same 2-3months. I think I got mine approved after like 11 weeks.

Looking at the Oct 2017 thread it took about 5 weeks from test grade release before they started adding new PEs in the system and it took up to 8 weeks for some to get their numbers. Could be a few more weeks for the new guys.

32 minutes ago, PB&Jelly said:

How long did approval to sit for the exam take for you?

They received my application on 03/14

The notice to take the exam was sent on 05/02

So its about 7 weeks for me.

1 hour ago, engStruc said:

They received my application on 03/14

The notice to take the exam was sent on 05/02

So its about 7 weeks for me.

How long did they take to receive it after you mailed it out?  How long did it take from the day everything was mailed out to the day you received the notice? 

Edited by PB&Jelly

14 minutes ago, PB&Jelly said:

How long did they take to receive it after you mailed it out?  How long did it take from the day everything was mailed out to the day you received the notice? 

I can't really remember how long it took, but the 3/14 date is when they cashed the check, and if I can remember, they cashed it in pretty quick after i mailed out the application package. I had moved from my previous address, but when I wrote them to inquire, they said the approval notice was sent out on 05/02. Overall I would estimate about 8 weeks after I sent it in, is when they sent back the approval notice. 

Currently up to 099531, almost everyone since 099500 has been a NY licensee, think they may be starting on the new licenses

Guest Soon

It’s definitely new licenses. A friend that I took the test with got his number and his last name begins with “A”. They are going in alphabetical order. 

you're right they are going alphabetical, they're in the B's

3 hours ago, bsimms89 said:

Currently up to 099531, almost everyone since 099500 has been a NY licensee, think they may be starting on the new licenses

🤔Some recent passer might make it to the landmark #100000. How many takers were there at each test site?

Edited by RBHeadge PE

1 hour ago, bsimms89 said:

you're right they are going alphabetical, they're in the B's

I don't think it is? They said it is processed in order it is received. 

9 minutes ago, Vel2018 said:

I don't think it is? They said it is processed in order it is received. 

099514-099531 were all last names beginning in B  (not alphabetical order but all B last names), 099509-099513 were A names, idk if there it any kind of order but that'd be a weird coincidence

1 hour ago, bsimms89 said:

099514-099531 were all last names beginning in B  (not alphabetical order but all B last names), 099509-099513 were A names, idk if there it any kind of order but that'd be a weird coincidence

Yea, I'm B. Still waiting to get my numbers. Doesn't look like they updated any today.

Edit: Just called them and spoke with a nice lady. She looked at the status and said that my status was approved and in que to be added to the system and said to expect it to take 3-4 weeks from today. So not really sure what's going on.

Edited by sportb88

Guest cpb213

They look like they are going in semi-alphabetical order. Got my number today!

19 minutes ago, Guest cpb213 said:

They look like they are going in semi-alphabetical order. Got my number today!

Yea looks like they are mostly C's now but sometimes a B pops up. I'm still waiting with a B last name. When I called yesterday they said I was approved and in que to be added to the system and to expect it to take another 3-4 weeks. I just want my numbers, getting anxiety about it.

Damn, I think I've still got some time to wait, I'm pretty far down in the alphabet

LOL.....I'm on 11 months now I think?

4 hours ago, bsimms89 said:

They just added a K last name.

Edited by sportb88

21 hours ago, John QPE said:

LOL.....I'm on 11 months now I think?

I've heard that New York (and California and Florida) are hassles to attain through comity, but 11 months seems ridiculous. What happened when you called?

1 hour ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I've heard that New York (and California and Florida) are hassles to attain through comity, but 11 months seems ridiculous. What happened when you called?

They kept saying that my "FE Grades" weren't in my NCEES Record for 9 months. Somehow whatever they were looking for magically appeared and they attempted to begin the review after apologizing. Then i had to update my NCEES record because your current job times out after 6 months, and you have to redo all that. So basically the actual review started almost 9.5 months after I sent in the application. 

You'd think I'd go straight to the top of the list after all this got worked out....but nope. I inquired 5 weeks after the "start" and was told that it usually takes 12-16 weeks to complete the review, and that I was at Week 5. 

I'm sure my application is going to time out after a year or something.

So I got a little annoyed today because it seems they are going in alphabetical order and they are clearly past B at this point. I called and spoke with the rep today and she stated that they actually just got all my information (passing score etc.) TODAY and that my review will take 3-4 weeks from today before I am entered into the system.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that they got some before others but she said they usually get them in batches and told me its not alphabetical and from when they get the results.