Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
SacMe24

California PE Lic. Numbers??

1 hour ago, MechanicalApril17 said:

No I haven't stamped anything. I work at a power plant where we're not required to stamp anything for years.. and years... and years.... 

Same here... Federal employee .. I got it mostly for recognition, promotional potential, etc.....

• Like 1

My application just arrived at BPELSG. So...hurry up and wait, I guess.

22 minutes ago, squaretaper said:

My application just arrived at BPELSG. So...hurry up and wait, I guess.

I think they say 6-8 weeks ? 

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2018 at 8:32 AM, SacMe24 said:

Thank you !... I'm curious.... have you stamped anything yet? I haven't and honestly don't know when I will....

I've had my license since last April's cycle and the only thing I've stamped are my codes. :P

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:13 AM, AyanHein said:

Perhaps contact the board to see what's going on? I'd give them another week or so. Licensing take awhile since they have to go thru a lot of steps. 

Thanks Ayan,

It looks like they are starting to assign the numbers beginning last Friday - but somewhat of a 'trickle.'  I found that I was able to write a script that sequentially searched through the Web tool used for New York's license verification, and it shows the most recently assigned numbers and the dates that they the licenses (being a computer security person, I'm surprised they made it so easy to automate the lookup - no Web security image or bot avoidance identification).  So far I've only seen 87 licenses issued since the May 24th pass/fail announcement date - With the bulk of the numbers assigned last Friday, Saturday, and yesterday (none today).  Based on the estimates I've heard, on how many individuals took the test on 4/13/2018, along with the average passing percentages, I believe they have another 1200 to 1500 licenses to go.  I hope they start picking up the pace soon.

One anomaly I noticed however,  is that the first license issued after the scores announcement (the next day 'in fact'), happened to have the same last name as our Governor.  Strange coincidence, huh.

I really do appreciate everyone here being so supportive.  If you are ever in New York and in need of a tour guide, just let me know a couple of days ahead of the trip.

David (the frustrated NY-Computer-Engineer)

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:13 AM, AyanHein said:

Perhaps contact the board to see what's going on? I'd give them another week or so. Licensing take awhile since they have to go thru a lot of steps. 

I meant to ask Ayan, are you affiliated with the PE board in your State?

Edited by NY-Computer-Engineer
Duplicate submission

I am working on putting together my PE application package to be submitted to CA board. CA has a two page engagement form. From the people who went through the exercise, can anyone share their experience how they wrote their qualifying experience? Looking forward to your help.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NY-Computer-Engineer said:

I meant to ask Ayan, are you affiliated with the PE board in your State?

No i'm not. My answers are based on my knowledge and fellow engineers words here. 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, AyanHein said:

No i'm not. My answers are based on my knowledge and fellow engineers words here. 

OK but I do appreciate your helpful suggestions.

They seem to be picking things up now - today they licensed 29, with many of those issued after the normal working hours for a New York State agency.  I can only assume they are getting a lot a complaints and some agency executive authorized the use of overtime.

On 6/22/2018 at 7:17 AM, MechanicalApril17 said:

Got my pocket ID card in mail yesterday. Not sure if I'll keep it on me though..

Me too... I already had it laminated and I am carrying it with me...also got my wall certificate on Saturday and already took it to Michael's to have it framed along with my pencil !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SacMe24 said:

Me too... I already had it laminated and I am carrying it with me...also got my wall certificate on Saturday and already took it to Michael's to have it framed along with my pencil !

Sweet. I haven't got the wall cert yet. Did it come together with the pocket id?

Friday I got an email saying my application is complete and now going to technical review by the engineering registrar. Anyone have an approximate time frame from this point to notification?

2 hours ago, MechanicalApril17 said:

Sweet. I haven't got the wall cert yet. Did it come together with the pocket id?

No... they came in separate about 1 week apart....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cjpete12 said:

Friday I got an email saying my application is complete and now going to technical review by the engineering registrar. Anyone have an approximate time frame from this point to notification?

From what I remember it'll be another 4 weeks...they're about 1/2 way there....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pjavery said:

Check the license lookup. I got that email on 6/20 and apparently was issued my license number yesterday (6/27). 

#Holler. Time to order stamps and update credentials and shit. 

Congrats @pjavery...you've officially joined the cool-kids club 🙂 ... the 4 of us need together again once we all get our licenses...I have another friend who just got his Civil license as well who may be joining us...

@squaretaper...have you received yours yet?

1 hour ago, SacMe24 said:

Congrats @pjavery...you've officially joined the cool-kids club 🙂 ... the 4 of us need together again once we all get our licenses...I have another friend who just got his Civil license as well who may be joining us...

@squaretaper...have you received yours yet?

Not yet! Buuuut, they cashed my check, so that's something. I think I'm 2 weeks behind @pjavery, so just need to hurry up and wait!

Wow, it seems like CA is almost as slow as NY on issuing the license numbers.

I know I may appear like the super geek by posting this, however below is the progression of licenses issued in NY since the day after the NCEES results were posted

(Accurate up to the minute that I posted this reply).  This is pitiful considering I expect  about 650 to 700 licenses to be issued from the April test (about 450 to go).

Chart.JPG.204f7fbacbed0335e0e9a00cc1a5a7dd.JPG

• Haha 1

^ perhaps the folks at the NY licensing board are too busy spamming EB.com? :dunno:

Did someone mention spam?

13 hours ago, pjavery said:

@NY-Computer-Engineer you can’t compare NY and CA since CA is now decoupled. I only “just” got my license but I didn’t even send in my application until after results were released. (I’m actually surprised at how fast the turn around was. Less than a month for me).

Ok, keep rubbing it in - I can take it.

18 hours ago, knight1fox3 said:

^ perhaps the folks at the NY licensing board are too busy spamming EB.com? :dunno:

Gee, I hope they are looking her - maybe some level of guilt will result.

Actually, when you look at the next level of detail it's much worse than the bar graph shows since the 'comity' licenses are about half of those that have been issued since the April test date.

I am still trying to decide about the one New York license issued the very next day after the results were released (5/25/2018). By pure coincidence, I assume, that person has the same last name as one of our NYS elected Officials.

Details.JPG.91908c3fbb63a20560cfdbd1df17b097.JPG

• Haha 1