Passed with a 91...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnMdd

Reaction score
I passed the Power PE. TX releases grades so I just checked - got a 91. Is there a thread where people are comparing grades or trying to determine the cut scores for the various exams?

Well considering only a 57% pass rate, that may not be too far off...
I know right?!?! Congrats man. I also past the Power PE (first attempt, one-and-done). No clue what my score was since I'm in Oregon. Mt guesstimate when I tallied was an 82%

My shakedown assessment: during the test I did what I've always done during my practice exams and assigned a rank to each question 3 = Confident that I have the correct answer,  2 = Pretty sure I'm right, or at least down to only two possible solutions (2:4 odds), and 1 = Total WAG or SWAG, I do not feel confident (1:4 odds).

Morning I had: 26x "3"6x "2", and 8x "1"

Afternoon I had: 30x "3"9x "2", and only 1x "1"

Total estimated score: 56*100% + 15*50% + 9*25% = 66.75/80 = 82% But again, that's just my estimate, in Oregon all I know is I passed.

If you're from Texas, this is the link to check your score:  https://engineers.texas.gov/exam_check_grades.php

I passed mechanical machine design/materials with 89%
I'd be curious to see what the LOWEST pass score was in Texas, that would help identify the cut score. So far the highest fail I've seen on here was 49/80 (61%) 

So so far we know the cutoff its between 61% and 91% (between 49/80 and 73/80)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be curious to see what the LOWEST pass score was in Texas, that would help identify the cut score. So far the highest fail I've seen on here was 49/80 (61%) 

So so far we know the cutoff its between 61% and 91% (between 49/80 and 73/80)
Texas doesn't actually return the true score, i.e. 60/80 = 75%. The return an adjusted score with the minimum passing score pegged at 70% and everything else adjusted around that. So as a hypothetical 60/80 with a cut score of 54 might read as 80%.

Also recall that each exam has a different cut score... 

Back