Engineer Boards
​ ​
Sign in to follow this  
PEStructureAspirant

Texas PE Structure cut-off

5 minutes ago, PEStructureAspirant said:

Now, the results are out, would request Texas PE- Structures  to post there actual scores, especially folks who have failed. This would help us judge the cut-off.

https://engineers.texas.gov/exam_check_grades.php

We should expect our own score with the above link, its not updated yet.

1 hour ago, Mr. Zane said:

https://engineers.texas.gov/exam_check_grades.php

We should expect our own score with the above link, its not updated yet.

do they post the score for everyone? even those who passed? or is this just a statistic pass/fail rate?

4 minutes ago, Mack Eltarhoni said:

do they post the score for everyone? even those who passed? or is this just a statistic pass/fail rate?

Scores got updated.  Texas test takers can start checking now.  I just saw mine not bad considering I failed twice 61% and 68% and this third try I passed 80%.

• Thanks 1

Guest Finally3X

Civil WRE passed 79% (for what its worth)

I passed Structural PE with 76%!  I wonder what the cut score was haha. Probably 70%?

My friend failed the civil structural exam.  he got 47/80 and on the TX link, it shows 66%. 

24 minutes ago, Mack Eltarhoni said:

I passed Structural PE with 76%!  I wonder what the cut score was haha. Probably 70%?

I got the same score.

16 minutes ago, Mack Eltarhoni said:

My friend failed the civil structural exam.  he got 47/80 and on the TX link, it shows 66%. 

So that means 50 or 51 May have been the cut score? I saw someone fail with a 50/80 on another topic.

• Like 1

Guest Guests of

TX CE - Transportation. 45/80 TBPE: 67%

Guest Guest Nick

Texas Civil Structural pass with 78%

58 minutes ago, mnguy88 said:

So that means 50 or 51 May have been the cut score? I saw someone fail with a 50/80 on another topic.

I failed civ str in GA with a 50 (30 AM + 20 PM) out of 80. Seeing this post from TX where 47/80 was a 66% score leads me to believe that scores were adjusted by 6 questions this round, so my 50/80 would really be 56/80 or 70%... Is this the right line of thinking? 

Makes me absolutely nauseous to think that the cut score was 51.

2 hours ago, Mack Eltarhoni said:

For Texas, if your score does not say 70 or greater you will not pass.

See: §133.73 Examination Results and Analysis.

2 hours ago, Mack Eltarhoni said:

Have posted what your prep course or approach was? If so can you point in that direction?(link)

@JB_TXENG  can you share? 

Dont mean to high jack thread i know theres a designated thread for this, cool if you can share there. 

When i failed last october i got a 66 i believe. Im approved to retake in October 2018. Im very excited.....😰

Thanx!

2 hours ago, js_civstr said:

I failed civ str in GA with a 50 (30 AM + 20 PM) out of 80. Seeing this post from TX where 47/80 was a 66% score leads me to believe that scores were adjusted by 6 questions this round, so my 50/80 would really be 56/80 or 70%... Is this the right line of thinking? 

Makes me absolutely nauseous to think that the cut score was 51.

By your logic, then 50 should be the cut-off as scaled 70% is pass.

9 minutes ago, PEStructureAspirant said:

By your logic, then 50 should be the cut-off as scaled 70% is pass.

Yeah, it stops making sense if we consider 70% to be passing (although I believed that we had always thought that was so, but not a known rule).

Either way, 50 was obviously not the cut off since myself and several others failed with it. I'm guessing 51 then. Still sucks.

Guest Aharon

It looks like they dropped 8 questions. So 50/72=.69444 repeating. If you assume proper rounding you couldn’t have missed the 70% by any less.  

2 hours ago, Hemi79 said:

Have posted what your prep course or approach was? If so can you point in that direction?(link)

@JB_TXENG  can you share? 

Dont mean to high jack thread i know theres a designated thread for this, cool if you can share there. 

When i failed last october i got a 66 i believe. Im approved to retake in October 2018. Im very excited.....😰

Thanx!

@Hemi79

I didn't take an official course but I got a lot of prep materials from my coworkers. Additionally, my significant other and I took the exam at the same time. This helped keep us accountable because at the end of the work day it's really easy to say "I will just do it later." I would find a study buddy because we were able to pull from each other's knowledge to learn what we didn't know on the exam. I don't have a civil undergrad (masters is Structural) so I basically had to learn the entire first half besides the simple structures questions. I also recommend taking as many practice tests as possible! This way you're learning how to solve the problems like you would on exam day. Good luck! 

22 minutes ago, Guest Aharon said:

It looks like they dropped 8 questions. So 50/72=.69444 repeating. If you assume proper rounding you couldn’t have missed the 70% by any less.  

Yeah, it's making me pretty sick thinking about it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this