Texas PE Structure cut-off

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEStructureAspirant

Reaction score
Now, the results are out, would request Texas PE- Structures  to post there actual scores, especially folks who have failed. This would help us judge the cut-off.

do they post the score for everyone? even those who passed? or is this just a statistic pass/fail rate?
Scores got updated.  Texas test takers can start checking now.  I just saw mine not bad considering I failed twice 61% and 68% and this third try I passed 80%.

So that means 50 or 51 May have been the cut score? I saw someone fail with a 50/80 on another topic.
I failed civ str in GA with a 50 (30 AM + 20 PM) out of 80. Seeing this post from TX where 47/80 was a 66% score leads me to believe that scores were adjusted by 6 questions this round, so my 50/80 would really be 56/80 or 70%... Is this the right line of thinking? 

Makes me absolutely nauseous to think that the cut score was 51.

I passed Structural PE with 76%!  I wonder what the cut score was haha. Probably 70%?
Have posted what your prep course or approach was? If so can you point in that direction?(link)

@JB_TXENG  can you share? 

Dont mean to high jack thread i know theres a designated thread for this, cool if you can share there. 

When i failed last october i got a 66 i believe. Im approved to retake in October 2018. Im very excited.....😰

Thanx!

I failed civ str in GA with a 50 (30 AM + 20 PM) out of 80. Seeing this post from TX where 47/80 was a 66% score leads me to believe that scores were adjusted by 6 questions this round, so my 50/80 would really be 56/80 or 70%... Is this the right line of thinking? 

Makes me absolutely nauseous to think that the cut score was 51.
By your logic, then 50 should be the cut-off as scaled 70% is pass.

By your logic, then 50 should be the cut-off as scaled 70% is pass.
Yeah, it stops making sense if we consider 70% to be passing (although I believed that we had always thought that was so, but not a known rule).

Either way, 50 was obviously not the cut off since myself and several others failed with it. I'm guessing 51 then. Still sucks.

It looks like they dropped 8 questions. So 50/72=.69444 repeating. If you assume proper rounding you couldn’t have missed the 70% by any less.  

Back