Pe 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica

Reaction score
Is there anyway to ask NCEES to douboe check the results?

I failed civil construction. When I tool the exam I was pretty sure that i did great in th morning part, but afternoon was challenging for me.

When I saw diagnostic, i noticed my morning score were below average and I did great in afternoon! I had 2 subjects with 100% and 2 with 86% in afternoon all above average....

Doesnt make sense to me.

:(

any recommendations? 

Yes, you can ask and pay for a manual scoring. But be warned that no one has ever had a manual scoring change a result from a fail to a pass. I'd recommend saving your money and studying for the next exam.

I failed civil construction. When I tool the exam I was pretty sure that i did great in th morning part, but afternoon was challenging for me.

When I saw diagnostic, i noticed my morning score were below average and I did great in afternoon! I had 2 subjects with 100% and 2 with 86% in afternoon all above average....

Doesnt make sense to me.

any recommendations? 
You can send email to NCEES.I believe u need pay some money and they can send someone to review the result one by one manually.It is worth to try if you are confident in the morning session

Doesnt make sense to me.

any recommendations? 
If questions are subjective questions I would recommend you to do that. 

I've only heard of one person (former colleague) who requested a manual review of which his result was changed to a pass.  This was some time ago and was based on him telling the story. I can't say if it was the truth but I can't see why he would lie about it. Good luck and don't give up. You will get there!

Jessica, you are not alone. I left the exam feeling very confident that I passed. So when I got a "fail", i was really shocked. I am actually contemplating having my score reviewed manually, which costs $75. Now, if the score doesn't change, that's another $75 down the drain. I mean at this point, whats another $75 after all the resources I've poured into this test.

I know exactly how you feel and its a crappy feeling.

If you have great, non-judgmental friends, make a deal with them. Have them pay for the manual review,  and pay them back if the score changes. If the score doesn't  change, they should consider it community service, or future beer money,  giving the fact that you have to take it again and pay for it. 

Before the results came in, this is my biggest fear..IF they happen to made an error and had me failed..thank God they didn't in my case..because I was **** 1000% sure I smoked that exam and I was saying this here in the board just right after the exam...

If I were you, I would GO do it and request a manual review..$75 is nothing to what you have invested in this exam. Books, time, life, family..

I did it.

waiting for the results... I still have 1% hope because my coworker asked for manual verification 6-7 years ago and after a few months when he was getting ready for taking the exam again, they told him he passed.

When you search online they say this never happened but it has actually happened!

I did it.

waiting for the results... I still have 1% hope because my coworker asked for manual verification 6-7 years ago and after a few months when he was getting ready for taking the exam again, they told him he passed.

When you search online they say this never happened but it has actually happened!
Woah, is this for real? I'm not sure why someone would lie about that... Assuming he is actually now a licensed PE!

I did it.

Woah, is this for real? I'm not sure why someone would lie about that... Assuming he is actually now a licensed PE!

He is. He is a senior bridge engineer and a close friend of mine.
@knight1fox3 @RBHeadge PE might this be of interest to either of you? I consider it a pretty interesting piece of information!

I also requested the manual verification and quickly received notice that my score had not changed. Felt it was necessary for me to try, though.

I did it.

Curious to know the response. I hope you pass.

I also requested the manual verification and quickly received notice that my score had not changed. Felt it was necessary for me to try, though.
Darn, I'm sorry to hear that. I imagine I would have done the same thing myself, though, had I found myself in that position.

I did it.

Any response yet ?

Two things, its either she passed and as a condition she can't disclose OR NCEES told her that she might have skipped one number shading the bubbles and made the answers incorrect, but would have been correct if it were to move back the shaded bubbles one step backwards so which one is it? Hope its the first one! 

Back