Civil - Structural Failed scores and reference material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunny777

Reaction score
What was the failed score for Civil - Structural PM?

Guys and girls who passed and who did not pass - what reference material did u use? Any suggestions?

I failed with 23 in AM and 17 in PM. I did not study the PM though.

What was the failed score for Civil - Structural PM?

Guys and girls who passed and who did not pass - what reference material did u use? Any suggestions?

I failed with 23 in AM and 17 in PM. I did not study the PM though.
THeres another thread already in the civil structural depth forum. You should post your scores there too.

Hello guys, don't give up. I failed 2 times before successfully passing it this time. 

My October 2017 results were 28am, 20pm

I took the EET course and it really helped this time around. (I know, I thought the same thing, expensive!!! but it's very helpful)

The course really goes in depth on each topic. For the PM session, you really want to be familiar with all the reference manuals.

I know that the afternoon sessions I usually run out of time, and in October I had a massive migraine. 

So this time around I took some pain killers during the lunch break,  

Started off with the III. Codes and Construction, I. Analysis of Structures, II. Design and Details of Structures.

2nd time failing, this time with 30 in the AM & 20 in the PM. Used EET and 200+ hours put in. Thought I did better in the morning than 30 but knew I was in trouble on the afternoon.

Pretty dejected. Not sure where to go from here.

2nd time failing, this time with 30 in the AM & 20 in the PM. Used EET and 200+ hours put in. Thought I did better in the morning than 30 but knew I was in trouble on the afternoon.

KEEP TRYING!  It is a tough exam.  Try to determine where you should focus your efforts.  I found that working old codes problems and working out the code changes helped to solidify the concepts for me. 

50/80. AM-28, PM - 22. Self study. Mostly Indranil Goswami. Planning to go with EET 2nd time. But you failing with EET. Should I then look for some other school.

This is my 2nd attempt and i passed with 120ish hrs of studying. I got a 52/80 the first time with 50+ hr of studying.  I didn't take a review course this time but last time i took a group one  roughly $100 through asce that provided videos and slides for morning and afternoon. The class really helped with the morning portion and provided a concise location for equations. I focused too much time on the morning on my first attempt. This time I re-reviewed the morning  (watched videos again ). However this time for the afternoon I read through the entire structural portion of the CERM. This was the most helpful. In regards to codes, i just tabbed as best as i could all the codes that i brought in qhich made it easier to find stuff. I also borrowed a copy of the SERM which helped a bit. 

October 2016 - self study - fail 23 AM & 25 PM

October 2017 - School of PE - fail 25 AM & 23 PM

April 2018 - EET (would reccomend) - pass

Worked on time management, efficiency, speed, anxiety, and confidence the last round. That exam sucks, and it’s really hard.

This is my 2nd attempt and i passed with 120ish hrs of studying. I got a 52/80 the first time with 50+ hr of studying.  I didn't take a review course this time but last time i took a group one  roughly $100 through asce that provided videos and slides for morning and afternoon. The class really helped with the morning portion and provided a concise location for equations. I focused too much time on the morning on my first attempt. This time I re-reviewed the morning  (watched videos again ). However this time for the afternoon I read through the entire structural portion of the CERM. This was the most helpful. In regards to codes, i just tabbed as best as i could all the codes that i brought in qhich made it easier to find stuff. I also borrowed a copy of the SERM which helped a bit. 
Can Texas folks plzz update your score & overall percentage. This would help us determine the cut-off

First time taking the exam and passed, used EET for the breadth and structural depth, and passed. But I did do EVERY practice problem they had plus other books and practice exams

First time taking the exam and passed, used EET for the breadth and structural depth, and passed. But I did do EVERY practice problem they had plus other books and practice exams
Do you have any pdf's of the practice problems ?

Can the poster or anyone elaborate on how to best use EET? When i used it for the spring (failed with 30AM+20PM) i found that I ran out of time to truly learn the depth stuff as I did On Demand and started about 10 weeks before test date. How many weeks ahead of the test would you say is best to start studying to complete EET AM & PM? And outside of EET, what practice problem sets did you find that worked best?

Can the poster or anyone elaborate on how to best use EET? When i used it for the spring (failed with 30AM+20PM) i found that I ran out of time to truly learn the depth stuff as I did On Demand and started about 10 weeks before test date. How many weeks ahead of the test would you say is best to start studying to complete EET AM & PM? And outside of EET, what practice problem sets did you find that worked best?
I took EET's AM and PM classes for the April 2017 cycle. I basically tried to stick to the schedule for the live classes as closely as I could, and would actively work to catch back up every time I fell behind. If I'm remembering correctly, that had me starting to study some time in January, culminating in the course with the simulated exam two weeks before the PE exam.

I understand what you mean. When I received the material, I was overwhelmed by the quantity of everything- the length of videos, the number of them, the volume of the notes,... I had notes from before as well, which made it even worse. One thing  that really helped me is, I decided that with 2 kids, full time work and travel, there was no way I could watch (and absorb) 70-80 hours of video. I decided to focus on the notes and practice problems which were excellent. I also broke down the binder into 4 smaller binders that I could carry to work- Concrete, Steel, Masonry, Wood & Foundation and others (Breadth, temp structures etc). The condensed notes/ formula sheet at the beginning of each section were gold. Focus on those. Hope this helps. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back