Celebration?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt9550a

Reaction score
Did anyone host a party after receiving their PE?   As a 41 year old I feel it's a been a long time coming, and I'm considering hosting a "Thank You Reception" for those who've helped me along the way.  Did anyone do this?  I'm thinking a 4-7 pm cocktail reception, relatively nearby to my office as most of the guests are from my current job with a few relatively local exceptions.

Did anyone host a party after receiving their PE?   As a 41 year old I feel it's a been a long time coming, and I'm considering hosting a "Thank You Reception" for those who've helped me along the way.  Did anyone do this?  I'm thinking a 4-7 pm cocktail reception, relatively nearby to my office as most of the guests are from my current job with a few relatively local exceptions.
I'm in! Where and when??

I am a whole generation ahead of you, so I really know what you mean.  I wish I had know how important having a PE was going to be in this later stage of my career, since all that material would have been much fresher in my mind.  Well - never late than never :thumbs:

If your party is taking place anywhere in the New York City area, please let me know and I'll bring some desert :mellow:

I know right!  If I had it to do over again I would have killed myself to get a job where I'd have the right number of endorsers straight out of the gate, and taken the test as soon as I could.  The silver lining is that few of my contemporaries are as fresh on the material as I have been forced to become, so I think it's helping my career even in advance of getting licensed.

Don't laugh, I already provided my PPI instructor the tentative date in case he wants to fly in for it.  He was instrumental in what I think of as the Great Cobweb Clearing of 2016-2018.

Friend got my two beers at a bar in Madison as I was driving back home to Duluth from West Virginia as a celebration. 

When I got home, the family took me to Texas Roadhouse.

Last night I took my wife, three of my adult children (those that live near me), and their significant 'others' out to dinner at a local Benihana's.  I think it was more than worth the $275 check (which included the tip).  It would have cost me near twice that if I needed to retake that grueling examination.

This morning though, my wife reminded me that I no longer have an excuse for skipping household chores, nor doing some of the highly needed (yet very dirty) work on our cars.  Maybe I should go for some other credential - earning a Doctorate degree would take me out of the labor camp for another 5-years :B

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha. I won't quote my age. But I may take the entire office when I get there, as it will definitely be cheaper. 5k and counting. Thinking of switching afternoon depth section to construction. 

I'm thinking about throwing a happy hour together.  Nothing fancy.  I did open a nice bottle of barrel-aged stout from Side Project to celebrate with close friends.  I had been saving it for a special occasion and thought this was fitting. 

Back