Delay between email and NCEES website... myth?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shmoe

Dirt Lady, PE
Reaction score
I'm curious about whether anyone noticed a delay during this release. Previously I had seen people claim that there may be some delay (~30 mins or so) between NCEES posting the results online and the email being sent out. The theory is that if you're just F5ing the website, you'll see it sooner than if you just wait on the email. 

In my case, I checked the website (no results) probably about 1 minute before the email came in. Based on that, I'm guessing that the results were posted at the same time the email went out, and I could have just waited on the email.

Anyone see their results prior to getting the email? Knowing this might be helpful for future test-takers and save their poor F5 keys.

I got my email simultaneously with the website updating. I was F5ing constantly and didn't notice any gap.

There was a delay of approximately 20 minutes for me. I refreshed the NCEES page in the middle of my lunch, but didn't get the email saying the results have been posted until after lunch. 

The delay is random. I was doing the same thing @shmoe, and the email arrived first too. But I'm also in Maryland so maybe its a state thing? Prolly a coincidence.

Back