Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​

On 5/25/2018 at 6:43 AM, Vette388 said:

Hi all,

I took the Power PE for my first time in April and failed. I did bad on protection and for some reason the code questions, which is odd since I work with the code book everyday. I wanted to see options on review courses. I like to study on my own, but maybe a course would help? I found many questions on the exam I've never seen before in a practice exam or through study material. I want to take it again in October.

Same thing for me. I use NEC 4 days a week and I only got 7 right past April.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:59 PM, MEtoEE said:

For FE manual I downloaded the free PDF (I remember it being a free download anyway) and I printed it 2-sided at work and put it in a 3-ring binder.  You are correct about Tom Henry's index.  Some page numbers don't match but they get you close enough to where you can find it quickly.  I only found a couple of examples where they didn't match on review/practice problems.  For the most part they helped.

I think if you print Math, Economic and Electrical sections from FE manual that should do it. Trying to avoid taking unnecessary bulky stuff as you are already going to have handful anyway. What do you say? Even the instrument/control portion of FE may be not necessary. I am even debating about math sections but there be question on fourier, laplace etc which are part of Math sections. 

I am thinking electrical and economic section for sure.