Can I pass Seismic with just ASCE 7-10?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baby Hamster

Reaction score
Is it very do-able to pass the Seismic exam with only using the ASCE 7-10 as a reference? I don't want to buy the CBC/IBC.

Side note: I'm studying the Hiner workbook/practice problems.

Thanks

It honestly depends on what questions you get. I took it in April and passed it and didn't open the CBC/IBC material at all and only needed ASCE 7-10 and Hiner's workbook. That doesn't mean that you don't want to have it available though as you may get questions that you'll need the CBC/IBC to answer.

Just wanted to add something about what I did. I just used Dr. Mansour’s Seismic Exam preparation which has all the required references organized. Passed on my first attempt.

I've heard of many of my friends who passed the Seismic exam said that I should bring it just incase but I'll most likely not have to use it.

I'll interpret that as, I don't need it haha

If you have the CBC or IBC highlights then you won't need the actual full CBC/IBC. 

Is it very do-able to pass the Seismic exam with only using the ASCE 7-10 as a reference? I don't want to buy the CBC/IBC.

Side note: I'm studying the Hiner workbook/practice problems.

Thanks

I took EET's seismic class and didn't have to use both ASCE 7-10 or IBC. His materials were enough for me to pass the exam. 

Back