PE Structures April 2018 Failing scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, the structural passing rate dropped from 69% to 59%! It’s been consistent at 67%-70% until now. I failed and thought this cycle was much harder than the past.

Thanks, I just wish I had done better in the afternoon...I'm planning on switching disciplines.
Typically I'd advise against switching disciplines, but not in your case considering pure guessing means 10/40 haha. You should pass in any other disciplines :)

Man I wish I have your AM skills!

Thanks, I just wish I had done better in the afternoon...I'm planning on switching disciplines.
What would you switch to? Is there another discipline you are strong in?

My first attempt my morning was so-so, and my afternoon was too.  I think if you can keep your morning strong and just bring up the afternoon by a couple of questions, you should be successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you switch to? Is there another discipline you are strong in?

My first attempt my morning was so-so, and my afternoon was too.  I think if you can keep your morning strong and just bring up the afternoon by a couple of questions, you should be successful.
I would most likely switch to transportation. I had far more structural classes in school but don't work in structural. I had one really good class in transportation, and I feel like it covered most of the topics decently. I'm kinda screwed in that I don't specialize in one thing really at work but just bounce around everywhere.

Passing score has gotta be a lot higher than 51, come on folks!

I'd think 56 is barely minimum.. aiming for 60-65!

We can do itttttttttttttttttttttttttt 

Back