Failed PE Power

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vette388

Reaction score
First time taker, thought I did good. Sucks. Also now I can not remember the ones I had a hard time on, the ones that I've never seen before, the ones that were not in the practice exams. SO what do I do now? Study more?.....

First time taker, thought I did good. Sucks. Also now I can not remember the ones I had a hard time on, the ones that I've never seen before, the ones that were not in the practice exams. SO what do I do now? Study more?.....
You get back on the horse
default_smile.png
. You can do this! Try a study course (if you haven't already). As you study, you'll begin to recall the types of problems on this exam and that will help. Now that you're more aware of what the PE testing experience is like, you'll likely be less anxious when October comes.

Best of luck to you!

You get back on the horse
default_smile.png
. You can do this! Try a study course (if you haven't already). As you study, you'll begin to recall the types of problems on this exam and that will help. Now that you're more aware of what the PE testing experience is like, you'll likely be less anxious when October comes.

Best of luck to you!
Thank you, do you recommend a course?

Failed Power PE for the first time and dont feel good about this year either. I took the Testmasters self guided course. It has some good info but you have to be very disciplined and make yourself watch all the videos multiple times. 

Failed Power PE for the first time and dont feel good about this year either. I took the Testmasters self guided course. It has some good info but you have to be very disciplined and make yourself watch all the videos multiple times. 
I am just hating myself for not remembering the ones I struggled on, my mind is blank. Sorry you failed. Are you taking it in October?

I took the http://www.electricalpereview.com/ course which I think helped push me over edge. Not so much for the material itself but the way those practice problems were put together made me have to think about and combine multiple concepts into a single problem which ended up being really important for me. 

Sorry to hear that :/ .

I (surprisingly) passed the Power exam. I took the School of PE class and thought it was a joke, do not recommend. $1300 down the drain

Check the Electrical Power Sub Thread for tips on references. I posted my experience on there. 
...But you passed first time. So I'd say it was a success. School of PE helped me make the difference in passing on my third try (Results from TODAY!). I went through all the School of PE notes very carefully and indexed/tabbed it all. Doing that along with practicing their practice problems and problems from the C&I book really helped me understand the material to push me over the edge. The first time I failed, I was down about 8 or 9 points from 57/80 when looking at the diagnostic report, the second time I failed I got an even worse score. That's why I believe that if you spend the time (and &&&&) to go through the School of PE class and understand the material, then it is worth it.

The Camara PPI Power Reference Manual was another expensive book that was bought before my third try. It references almost everything.

...But you passed first time. So I'd say it was a success.
And others passed first time without it, not paying $1300 dollars.  

It is highly dependent on the time you put in, resources you have, and background in the field.

Im highly criticial of online programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have thw diagnostic yet?

And others passed first time without it, not paying $1300 dollars.  

It is highly dependent on the time you put in, resources you have, and background in the field.

Im highly criticial of online programs.
Yep! I'm surrounded by first time passers where I work and none of them took the class. I didn't take it until I failed twice. I did not go through all of the videos since all they do is cover is slides which are the notes (very slow pace). Since the notes and material is procured specifically for the exam, it goes in depth on almost all subjects. Paying for their notes is really where the worth is  imo. If you study all of their notes and work out many practice problems, you will have a solid chance of passing.

Back