Could be to soon to ask but....If you didn't pass, what was your score?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm interested to know the range of those who didn't pass this time around (unfortunately like me) what your score was... Is it too soon to ask? Mines was 49/80 for civil transportation in case you are wondering... What's yours??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Does is say what the cut score is?
I don't think so, but we can kind of gage it from the ranges of those who didn't pass, plus it's different for each test I believe...I took civil, transportation and got 49 and didn't make it.. So I'm not sure 🤷

I don't think so, but we can kind of gage it from the ranges of those who didn't pass, plus it's different for each test I believe...I took civil, transportation and got 49 and didn't make it.. So I'm not sure 🤷

^THIS^

We need more data points to divine the cut score for any given exam.

To those that didn’t pass... I’m sorry...I feel your pain...this was me a year ago...this exam doesn’t define you nor the strides you’ve made in your career..take a month off...fight the urge to start studying again right away...and it’s okay to feel sad...but when your ready use your diagnostic to focus on your weak areas...try a different approach and I assure you..you will pass!!!

Thanks.... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I guess I have to keep at it

Hey I saw your post in the other thread...I agree I was disappointed in SOPE...I wasn’t a fan of Gerorge Stanweczic...i don’t think he presented the material well for the Construction Depth...but I can’t blame them completely...I thought if I did the videos twice and did a couple of practice exams I was good..the change I made was to go to EET...I can’t praise Samir enough he is the man!! He was very responsive and felt like he took a personal interest in teaching you...at one point I didn’t like his solution to a homework problem and presented my solution..and he liked it so much he decided to change the solution for the next exam...Samir and I exchanged emails often at least once a day...I also used my diagnostic and studied the areas I was weak in first...took numerous practice exams...also EET has a complete timed practice exam...

Yes, SoPE construction teacher was quite condensing and overwhelming... I'm going to definitely consider EET and, sadly take my free repeat of SoPE simultaneously so that I can stay and remain focused. I did transportation with them for depth, it was not a good experience because it seemed like all he did was read the material to you ... Something you could do on your own.. And I found it to be a waste on time . I agree that I must put more effort in practice problems and exams to be successful next time around, and that I am going to do. I'm using this weekend to relax, and hitting it again next week.

Sorry to those who received bad news. Take a couple months off, and stay strong and then give it your best in October. Fails are only temporary if you keep trying. That Power PE exam was definitely not easy. Next time you'll be even more prepared now that you know what the real exams are like. Best of luck!

Back