Celebrating and Venting About Results - Page 3 - APR 2018 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Snevah

Celebrating and Venting About Results

So for anyone who failed...this doesn't make you less of an engineer.  It doesn't mean you're stupid. I know how soul crushing it is - take some time, be frustrated about it, then get back up and be ready to crush the October test.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Passed the Civil Transportation in PA!!!

Took the EET Breadth and Depth and felt that the Depth definitely helped me pass the exam. I'm a bit undecided if the Breadth review really helped, but I guess it doesn't matter now!

The simulated a couple of weeks before the actual exam was really helpful to show me where I was and what I needed to work on but I definitely struggled on certain sections during the exam (Cough Structures Cough) and walked out of there unsure if I had passed.

Off to go backpacking for the looong weekend. I look forward to reading how everyone else did and felt when I get back.

Thanks!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, txjennah said:

So for anyone who failed...this doesn't make you less of an engineer.  It doesn't mean you're stupid. I know how soul crushing it is - take some time, be frustrated about it, then get back up and be ready to crush the October test.  

I absolutely agree.  I feel like for me 25% of it was up to luck.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, txjennah said:

^THIS^

I'd like it if I could but I've hit my limit for today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

^THIS^

I'd like it if I could but I've hit my limit for today.

I used one of mine.

So can I go ahead and put PE behind my name, or do I have to wait to get an official license?

Just now, TDivo said:

So can I go ahead and put PE behind my name, or do I have to wait to get an official license?

You can. I waited until I got my license # before adding it because it was my preference.

21 minutes ago, txjennah said:

I failed my first try and passed on my second. It can be done.

1 minute ago, chaserclayton said:

Sc is out for me. Thy are sending out individual emails from the state LLR. 

Did you post this in the Map thread?

27 minutes ago, wvengineer said:

I'm so very happy that I'll never have to study ever again for the rest of my life.  :D

53466790-7329-4973-BA46-E56FC749152D.png

Woah... no FE exam results? Is this common?

2 hours ago, BEL said:

I passed!!!! This was my third try and I was pretty discouraged after the first two attempts. Seeing that green PASS makes it all worth it! Almost two years of my life devoted to studying for these tests...

95247EEB-F93B-4FC3-8BD8-4D4E68A943FE.jpeg

YESSSS. We shared in sorrow last session. And now we share joy in this one! I passed too!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Surf and Snow said:

Yesterday and  when I looked at 12:30 am this morning it still said April 13th, 2018. Then when I checked this morning at 7:30am after getting the NCEES email, my results were there and it just said April, 2018.

Is this going to be your new desktop wallpaper? LOL

Congrats! :thumbs:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CivilGuy00 said:

YESSSS. We shared in sorrow last session. And now we share joy in this one! I passed too!

Yea!!!! That's awesome!!!!

#ittakesaslongasittakes

1 hour ago, Shengineer said:

Nope, failed and back to the drawing board with this mess.... Anyone take civil portion of EET and pass? Or fail? What's your thoughts? I took SoPE and was not satisfied with the depth portion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am sorry you didn't pass. This was my third time taking it and I finally succeeded. I took EET Depth WRE and it was what got me through this time. It is an excellent resource and I would suggest investing your money into the course. 

• Like 1

I am sorry you didn't pass. This was my third time taking it and I finally succeeded. I took EET Depth WRE and it was what got me through this time. It is an excellent resource and I would suggest investing your money into the course. 
Thank you.... I'm definitely going to do this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Surf and Snow said:

Yesterday and  when I looked at 12:30 am this morning it still said April 13th, 2018. Then when I checked this morning at 7:30am after getting the NCEES email, my results were there and it just said April, 2018.

IMG_1254.PNG

Yeah me too. So I guess my theory of the date change didn't happen this time. I specifically remember it happening the first go around which was Apr 2017 and pretty sure it happened last Oct too. IDK

I'm so relieved. Congrats to all who passed. Good luck on the next one for those that didn't! Thanks EB for keeping me somewhat sane during this whole process. Definitely going to stick around!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TDivo said:

You NEED to wait until you have an official license. Today is your day and you should celebrate!

But until you are official, putting PE after your name is misrepresentation and you can get in trouble for doing so. i.e. fines, or inability to get licensec

1 hour ago, bellalshaaban said:

I'm so relieved. Congrats to all who passed. Good luck on the next one for those that didn't! Thanks EB for keeping me somewhat sane during this whole process. Definitely going to stick around!

Don't forget to consider making a donation to EB.com if it was at all helpful to you. Pass the word to others as well. Helps keep the lights on around here. :thumbs:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TDivo said:

19 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

You NEED to wait until you have an official license. Today is your day and you should celebrate!

But until you are official, putting PE after your name is misrepresentation and you can get in trouble for doing so. i.e. fines, or inability to get licensec

This. Here in Oregon we take the exam before we even apply for license. So I haven’t even applied yet. I’ll be waiting until AFTER I get an official license issued. The last thing I’d want is to apply for my license and have them deny it because I was caught misrepresenting myself. That would suck big time! Haha

no PE after my name until I have a ACTUAL PE license. So I’ve got a few months...

47 minutes ago, Snevah said:

Woah... no FE exam results? Is this common?

I took the FE like 12 years ago.  I don't know if that's why? 

Capture.JPG.74ed75c72406d93974eb737c7a0c0508.JPG

Third try and its a PASS!!!

School of PE got me over the hump. The best thing I did was index all of their notes and study them thoroughly. Many practice problems too from School of PE, C&I, Graffeo's EE Guide to Passing, Wildi's electrical machines, drives, and power systems, Camara's PPI Power book, Power Systems Analysis/Granger & Stevenson, 
Power System Analysis & Design/Glover and more. 

Edited by smigaboo
  • Like 2