Results for North Carolina

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So since someone already started this thread I'll use it to ask a question. Does NCEES release the results to the state boards and examinees at the same time or do the boards get them first? I think in NC they have a meeting to validate the results before license numbers get issued. I saw on the NC boards website that they are having a board meeting tomorrow from 9am-4pm. Maybe that means results on Thursday or sooner if NCEES releases them to everyone at the same time.

You guys have way too much time on your hands.  What companies do you guys work for?  Seems like a chill environment to work in.

I was wondering the same thing. If NCEES grades them and reports a pass/fail, why does the state board need to even look at them? They can't change the score can they? 

I was wondering the same thing. If NCEES grades them and reports a pass/fail, why does the state board need to even look at them? They can't change the score can they? 
The pass/fail is an NCESS recommendation. The board can pick their own criteria. Georgia and Alabama give bonus points for veterans and disable veterans. I however have never heard of any board ever disregarding the NCESS pass/fail criteria. I doubt it will ever happen either. Makes things too complicated for commity and reciprocity.

Also, some states have laws and regulations that require the board to vote before someone can be licensed. They can't exactly get around those requirements. Note that notification of results and giving a license are NOT the same thing.

Some may have to vote to accept the results from NCESS, but that tends to be a pro-forma process so many states just allow NCESS to release the results before the board votes. The results just are "legal" yet, even though they certainly will be shortly. 

The pass/fail is an NCESS recommendation. The board can pick their own criteria. Georgia and Alabama give bonus points for veterans and disable veterans. I however have never heard of any board ever disregarding the NCESS pass/fail criteria. I doubt it will ever happen either. Makes things too complicated for commity and reciprocity.

Also, some states have laws and regulations that require the board to vote before someone can be licensed. They can't exactly get around those requirements. Note that notification of results and giving a license are NOT the same thing.

Some may have to vote to accept the results from NCESS, but that tends to be a pro-forma process so many states just allow NCESS to release the results before the board votes. The results just are "legal" yet, even though they certainly will be shortly. 
Do you use NCEES for your PDHs?

Back