This Week...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberly9

Reaction score
Maybe results will be released.  :wacko:

Does anyone else just have a constant sick feeling whenever thinking about the exam? I can't even look forward to my vacation because I have this dark cloud hanging over my life...

If we dont get the results this week, it's either NCEES is getting less efficient based on recent release times or exam performance was poor.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Does anyone else just have a constant sick feeling whenever thinking about the exam? I can't even look forward to my vacation because I have this dark cloud hanging over my life...
I feel the same way. The closer result release gets, the more I convince myself I failed...and I walked out feeling awesome...this sucks

And I have a wedding I’m in this weekend. Bachelor party on Thursday night. I will be going nuts for one reason or another

yes-soon.jpg

I feel the same way. The closer result release gets, the more I convince myself I failed...and I walked out feeling awesome...this sucks
I walked out feeling like I probably didn't pass due to all of the guesses I made. It does suck, already looking into other ways to use an engineering degree  <_<

I've been in a pretty foul mood the end of last week.  If I failed, probably won't improve, but at least I'll have a 'suspense' break before I have to start studying again.  Who would have guessed engineers don't react well to uncertainty?

I can definitely relate. It’s like a constant dread-induced stomach ache. Fingers crossed for some news tomorrow... preferably good!

It definitely sucks. Dreading work this week because of the results.  I'm expecting a Fail Grade. Don't know how I will handle it. 

I wonder if EB is a self-selecting group of people who stress hard about the exam, or if it is a representative sample of takers?

If it is a representative sample, and most takers experience such a high stress level (amounting to trauma), I wonder if some kind of therapy or pre-therapy could be structured into engineering education.

I wonder if EB is a self-selecting group of people who stress hard about the exam, or if it is a representative sample of takers?
I just pulsed a bunch of other PEs in my org and they all independently said that they didn't start worrying about it until right before the results came in. None of them are on EB.

I think the EB community as a whole is mostly representative sample. Except the people the actually post here are more extroverted (less introverted) than other engineers. Take a look at the main page, there are about 300 non-registered users lurking right now. And that number has been growing a lot over the last few weeks. That means that a lot of engineers are also thinking about the results right now.

Some of the more active users *might possibly* worry slightly more than other engineers, but around this time of the cycle I strongly suspect that a very strong majority of test takers start worrying.

Back