Engineer Boards
BridgeGT

April 2018 SE Exam Results

22 minutes ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

Yea, its the computers default response I guess. But the results were out the same day Keshia(Ncees) said it would be 10-12 weeks for my october test.

What?! They actually told you a date?  Why can't they do that this time... 

7 minutes ago, Dagny Taggart said:

What?! They actually told you a date?  Why can't they do that this time... 

No, I meant they said it would take 10-12 weeks. But the results were out the same day they said that (which was 7th week). So, my point is NCEES will not say they will release on a certain date, they just keep on pushing this 10-12 weeks default answer. Basically it is worthless to ask them. 
Hopefully we get it today. Can't wait for this to be over and must pass (the feeling of reading all the materials again is scary).
Good luck everyone!

37 minutes ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

No, I meant they said it would take 10-12 weeks. But the results were out the same day they said that (which was 7th week). So, my point is NCEES will not say they will release on a certain date, they just keep on pushing this 10-12 weeks default answer. Basically it is worthless to ask them. 
Hopefully we get it today. Can't wait for this to be over and must pass (the feeling of reading all the materials again is scary).
Good luck everyone!

Oh I see, I totally read that wrong.  Good luck

2 hours ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

Good luck everyone!

No...scary is waking up to see Freddy and Jason standing over you bed, playing ro-sham-bo for the right to maul you.

The feeling of reading all that material again is down right abysmally terrifying...like conjuring Cthulhu and destroying the world.

4 hours ago, tua85366 said:

Well, I gave in and just reached out to Keshia (NCEES rep). Got the same, "exam results will be released in 10-12 weeks..." answer. Like EngUW stated - it's just them being cagey. I wonder what the hold up is. I'm not entirely convinced the cut score meeting has anything to do with the delay.

The cut score IS the reason for the delay. I have been warning you guys for while now...

On 5/18/2018 at 10:44 AM, nikeded said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the results will not be out until at least Friday June 15th and possibly as late as June 29th. Anyone who gives a date before June 11th is wrong. Typically tau85366 would be correct, but not this time. My best advice is to forget about it and just be surprised one day.

^See  Above

6 minutes ago, nikeded said:

^See  Above

You seem to be right, are you from NCEES? I can see N and two Es in your username. 
But as registration opens on June 18th, the results should be out no later than that.

Edited by TheStructuralEngineer

Just now, TheStructuralEngineer said:

You seem to be right, are you from NCEES? I can see N and two Es in your username. 

No, Nikeded is an old made up name from middle school.

image.png.4f9d46e5b13f896b9e2fa1ac2ad71c31.png

There you have it, the wait will continue. What blows my mind is that it takes up to a week to send out the results after all the meetings have happened and cutscores have been finalized. You'd think it'd be as easy as clicking a few buttons and sending them out (coming from a guy with zero understanding for how these things actually work).

Edited by MathsWell
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

Results are out!!

I wish I could say so.

Surprised it took this long to get one of those posts...

47 minutes ago, EngUW said:

Surprised it took this long to get one of those posts...

Typically these type of posts are only in PE threads. SEs are all serious 😃

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

Typically these type of posts are only in PE threads. SEs are all serious 😃

No, they're SErious.

I'll show myself out...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • fudgey 2

34 minutes ago, MathsWell said:

No, they're SErious.

I'll show myself out...

well done :appl:

1 hour ago, MathsWell said:

No, they're SErious.

I'll show myself out...

Oh no....it's taken so long, some of us have gone delirious!  Hang on guys, just a little longer!

• Haha 1

Not being able to control myself, asked Keshia again about the results.
But you know what she said....blah blah blah 10-12 weeks.
They are causing my employer a great loss as I am not working and just refreshing my email and spending all time at this forum 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

Not being able to control myself, asked Keshia again about the results.
But you know what she said....blah blah blah 10-12 weeks.
They are causing my employer a great loss as I am not working and just refreshing my email and spending all time at this forum 😃

I swear if I get asked one more to me if I’ve gotten my results....I’m going to insist on working from home until they’re posted. 😂🤣

if results are not posted this week i believe this will be the longest it has taken them to post them since at least Fall 2014.

I've been lurking on this board and decided to sign up. The previous years release dates for the April SE exam are as follows (all in June with yyyy-dd format):

2011-29

2012-14

2013-13

2014-17

2015-11

2016-10

2017-09

So from this data and knowing that 2011 was the first administration of this exam, we can extrapolate that the 2011 April exam was the first cut score/anchor exam. With that being said, one would think that NCEES would already have the process and analysis in place so future cut score exams would be graded faster. I am hoping they have this wrapped up for us by the end of the week but with history as our guide, the 29th is within the realm of possibility.. It's hard for me to believe that grading takes this long as I'm already licensed in other areas and the large majority of my licenses were granted the SAME day. Not to mention testing for this license is only offered twice per year. I just had to get that off my chest, the stress monster is eating me over this ridiculous exam. (2nd time taking lateral BTW)

20 minutes ago, SEStress said:

I've been lurking on this board and decided to sign up. The previous years release dates for the April SE exam are as follows (all in June with yyyy-dd format):

2011-29

2012-14

2013-13

2014-17

2015-11

2016-10

2017-09

So from this data and knowing that 2011 was the first administration of this exam, we can extrapolate that the 2011 April exam was the first cut score/anchor exam. With that being said, one would think that NCEES would already have the process and analysis in place so future cut score exams would be graded faster. I am hoping they have this wrapped up for us by the end of the week but with history as our guide, the 29th is within the realm of possibility.. It's hard for me to believe that grading takes this long as I'm already licensed in other areas and the large majority of my licenses were granted the SAME day. Not to mention testing for this license is only offered twice per year. I just had to get that off my chest, the stress monster is eating me over this ridiculous exam. (2nd time taking lateral BTW)

Wow. I agree with that logic, but extrapolating should put us closer to mid next week 6/20 - not the 29th. Brutal timeline regardless. This week is sounding less and less realistic for results, but I'm hopeful. 2011 was the year NCEES changed test formatting I believe so that could have a lot to do with the lag time. Who knows...

2011: June 16–18 Structural Exam Cut Score Meeting | June 29 SE Exam Results Release Date

2018: June 8–9 Structural Exam Cut Score Meeting | ????? SE Exam Results Release Date

8 minutes ago, tua85366 said:

Wow. I agree with that logic, but extrapolating should put us closer to mid next week 6/20 - not the 29th. Brutal timeline regardless. This week is sounding less and less realistic for results, but I'm hopeful. 2011 was the year NCEES changed test formatting I believe so that could have a lot to do with the lag time. Who knows...

2011: June 16–18 Structural Exam Cut Score Meeting | June 29 SE Exam Results Release Date

2018: June 8–9 Structural Exam Cut Score Meeting | ????? SE Exam Results Release Date

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that new codes were used on this exam cycle. Maybe not.

I think we should all just bombard Keshia with questions about the release date until she knuckles under and tells us.

12 minutes ago, SEStress said:

I think we should all just bombard Keshia with questions about the release date until she knuckles under and tells us.

Agreed. But I wonder if Keshia is for real or just a bot.

2 minutes ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

Agreed. But I wonder if Keshia is for real or just a bot.

I dunno, ask her a riddle.

15 minutes ago, SEStress said:

I dunno, ask her a riddle.

If she’s a bot...that would break her...and anger the NCEES gods.  Then we may never get our results!