Engineer Boards
BridgeGT

April 2018 SE Exam Results

No.

Most likely not. I believe they usually come around two weeks after the PE exam results are released.

SE results are typically released the week following SE Exam Scoring Workshop - usually that Friday. The SE Scoring Workshop will be May 31 - June 2 for April's exam so my money is on Friday, June 8. If not Friday, then the following Monday. Unfortunately we have some time to go - about three weeks. The wait is killing me!

Check out the link below:

https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2_Licensure-Exchange_April-2018.pdf

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the results will not be out until at least Friday June 15th and possibly as late as June 29th. Anyone who gives a date before June 11th is wrong. Typically tau85366 would be correct, but not this time. My best advice is to forget about it and just be surprised one day.

4 minutes ago, nikeded said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the results will not be out until at least Friday June 15th and possibly as late as June 29th. Anyone who gives a date before June 11th is wrong. Typically tau85366 would be correct, but not this time. My best advice is to forget about it and just be surprised one day.

What's your reasoning? 

Edited by tua85366

In 2014 the results came out around June 17th.  They seem to come out a little earlier nowadays, so June 15th is probably the over/under date. 

Usually two weeks after PE results are out so I would say by June 8th as well.

Well, the PE results have started flooding out today. Everyone start your 2 week countdown.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MathsWell said:

Well, the PE results have started flooding out today. Everyone start your 2 week countdown.

Hehe yeah I was thinking the same.  

I had to join this site because my nerves are frayed and I needed to come to a place where everyone else's are too. lol good luck everyone. 

• Like 1

Update on April 2018 exam results

All PE exam results from the April 2018 pencil-and-paper engineering exams were released to NCEES member licensing boards on May 24. SE exam results will be released as soon as they are finalized.

NCEES let out the above message. SE exam results may be released any day now. 

That would be great but unfortunately don't think that is the case. They have not yet held the SE Exam Scoring Workshop.

https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2_Licensure-Exchange_April-2018.pdf

check out the link above, page 11 of 12. The SE Exam Scoring Workshop is May 31 - June 2. In the past the results are released the following Friday so my money is on June 8th.

30 minutes ago, deviationz said:

What is the goal and agenda of the SE exam scoring workshop?

Not that I know but my theory is they finish grading the paper and meet up to pretty much verify the consistency in what they decide to be acceptable, improvement required or unacceptable. Results will be out next week as early as Monday I think.

Have they ever been released on a Monday? Thought it was always a Friday...

8 minutes ago, EngUW said:

Have they ever been released on a Monday? Thought it was always a Friday...

Not sure but it will probably be next week.  Don't set your expectations on any day (unless it's next Friday).  Most likely it will come one week from the workshop which is now. 

1 hour ago, deviationz said:

Looks like SE exam cut score meeting is June 8 and 9 based on the newsletter (Page 11)

https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/3_Licensure-Exchange_June-2018.pdf

I've never heard of this meeting until now. I guess it's something new they're doing? As stated above, results are typically released the Friday after the scoring workshop, which is this weekend (5/31 - 6/2). Had my money on results being released Friday, June 8, but this makes me think otherwise. Bummer...

3 hours ago, tua85366 said:

I've never heard of this meeting until now. I guess it's something new they're doing? As stated above, results are typically released the Friday after the scoring workshop, which is this weekend (5/31 - 6/2). Had my money on results being released Friday, June 8, but this makes me think otherwise. Bummer...

Man, I’m with you. I was anticipating 6/8 as well....but now I’m wondering if we’ll ever find out. 😂  Their new slogan should be, “NCEES, toying with your emotions since the dawn of time.”

What IF, the meetings are not related to the actual exam results post date...They have a PE Electrical and Computer exam meeting on June 14-16, but the PE results have been out for over a week now...And then after that they have a whole bunch of other PE exam meetings...So is it possible that the meetings are not related to the results posting date ? And that's pretty much the same way I was guessing on the SE exam 😀

5 hours ago, ninolta said:

What IF, the meetings are not related to the actual exam results post date...They have a PE Electrical and Computer exam meeting on June 14-16, but the PE results have been out for over a week now...And then after that they have a whole bunch of other PE exam meetings...So is it possible that the meetings are not related to the results posting date ? And that's pretty much the same way I was guessing on the SE exam 😀

I'm gonna go with this. Very possible it's for the next test cycle. June 8 is back on!!!

5 hours ago, tua85366 said:

I'm gonna go with this. Very possible it's for the next test cycle. June 8 is back on!!!

You guys are killing me. I was looking forward to week of not being on edge and constantly checking my email. 

On 6/2/2018 at 6:56 PM, ninolta said:

Hmm... the fact that it is called the SE Exam "Cut Score" Meeting is leading me to believe results won't be resulted until after that meeting. The PE exam meetings you mention don't reference anything to do with a "Cut Score", so if it were a similar style meeting I would think they'd just call it the "SE Exam Meeting". Plus the PE Exam Meetings have been held regularly after each exam cycle for a few years now. This is the first I've seen mention to SE Exam Cut Score Meeting. Still just trying (unsuccessfully) to not think about it....

• Like 1