Just got Revit 2019 and Robot Structural 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerStroke79_PE

Reaction score
So after much delay and debating, probably for 3 months, i have officially subscribed to Autodesk AEC collection. I had been meeting ends with others drafting services for submittals and with an old version of Risa3D (13) but no more. I will use Revit, Advanced steel for my submittals and shop drawings and i will fully immerse myself into Robot Structural Analysis again as i havent visited it as much as wanted since senior design many years back! 

I was hoping to have Risa last night before bed, but after speaking with them their subscription is all paid upfront. :-( while doable, it was a big setback on my budget, even for just the three core software 3D, Floor ES , and Foundation. I will miss it. And im doing all shop drawing in house now. :)  

Anyone have experience with ROBOT Structural Analysis theyde like to share? 

I haven't used ROBOT in about 8 years so I can't really help with the newer versions.  I'm betting it's come a long way since the last time I used it.  Hopefully for the better as previously it didn't compare to the RISA package.

Congrats on the new software.  Hope it works out for you the way you want it to.

I don't use ROBOT but I do use Revit. Revit  2019 has better functionality as a platform than 2018 in regards to having multiple windows open and organized on the computer screen.

I would be interested to see a study that compares ROBOT to RISA to see the following: 1. ease and speed of modeling the structure and applying loads 2. accuracy of forces and component design for the load combinations.

I am always hesitant to invest in a new software prior to testing a sample file from a recently completed project. Let us know how it works out.

Back