NCEES Survey-- FE Content review

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audi Driver P.E.

Reaction score
I suppose some of you all also got this, but in case you haven't...  I thought it worth my time to help.  There were a lot of 4's in my responses.

------------------

Want to help shape the future of your profession? NCEES invites you to participate in an important survey about the content of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam. The results of this study will be used to update the specifications for the exam, which tests the fundamental knowledge required for a recent engineering graduate to enter into an engineering internship and work in a manner that safeguards the public. If you’ve become licensed since passing the Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam, we would appreciate your input by completing an online survey.

This content review survey is being sent to engineering practitioners, ABET-accredited engineering programs, and technical societies. The responses to this survey will be used to determine the content tested on the FE exam. A high rate of return on the survey will help ensure the validity of the resulting exam. All responses will be confidential.

If possible, please complete the survey today. It will take 20 to 30 minutes. The survey will be live through August 20, 2018, and all surveys must be completed by this date.

We also ask that you forward this email to engineering colleagues who may be interested in participating. NCEES requires a cross section of professionals—including licensed professional engineers and academics teaching engineering courses—from all engineering disciplines to complete the survey.

Click here to access the FE content review survey.

If you have any questions, please contact NCEES at [email protected]. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Warren, Ph.D., P.E.
NCEES Exam Development Engineer

It was kind of interesting going through the different topics and thinking about what was important and what wasn't. I found myself focusing on wanting to know how well new graduates understand project delivery methods, cost estimating, life cycle costs, specifications/drawings, and technical writing skills. I know that's not the only criteria for new hires but they are things that are important to know and potentially don't have enough emphasis on. That isn't to say that there should be lack of technical skills...clearly we want new grads to be well versed in the technical aspects of engineering. It was interesting though.

Back