Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Rawan

Get approved for P.E. exam

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:06 PM, Rawan said:

That’s true , I even called the NYSED many times before asking  how long should I expect to hear back & they told me between 4-16 weeks . 

I believe within 1 month we both should have the answer .  

I don't know what's going on in that office the last few weeks, but they are slow beyond belief.  I have been waiting for them to issue my license since the scores were release to the States on May 24th, but as of 2 minutes ago- nothing. I estimate they still have at least 400 licenses to process since the April 13th test :(

Also, I know that a different NYSED department processes the licenses from that which issues the test approvals, but being a State employee myself (I really hate admitting that) I also know that when one department is 'extremely' behind in its work, other departments are asked to kick in some resources. 

I really do apologize if your approval is being delayed due to our license processing.

Hopefully they get your approval done by the August 30th deadline to register for the October test.   I will add you to our prayers.

I am also facing a deadline of September 15th, at which time I will lose out of the Stipend my organization pays to anyone holding a PE - unless I can show proof of actually being licensed (such as being entered in the online license database for professionals).

20 hours ago, NY-Computer-Engineer said:

I don't know what's going on in that office the last few weeks, but they are slow beyond belief.  I have been waiting for them to issue my license since the scores were release to the States on May 24th, but as of 2 minutes ago- nothing. I estimate they still have at least 400 licenses to process since the April 13th test :(

Wow ! 

I hope they are not the same team who reviews the applications for the PE exam ! 

I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted if you hear anything from them ! 

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:58 PM, Rawan said:

Wow ! 

I hope they are not the same team who reviews the applications for the PE exam ! 

I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted if you hear anything from them ! 

Will do.

However you need to know they are all State workers.  Promotions rarely go to anyone who is NOT the most senior in a group/team (unless that person has been 'Black Listed' because they spoke up too much), the most senior jobs are filled by 'political appointees', and they only get fired if they bring a weapon to work, they fail to show up for work beyond two straight days without permission, or if the are convicted of a Felony and their department head finds out about it (AND unless they have a role that requires a periodic background check (very few do), or they have insufficient vacation/sick days available to serve any sentenced time, they can actually avoid that information getting to management).  Therefore, you can guess what sort of work-ethic that breeds.

Edited by NY-Computer-Engineer

On 6/20/2018 at 3:46 PM, PB&Jelly said:

Has anyone heard back yet?

Hiiiiii

did you hear back yet ? 

18 hours ago, Rawan said:

Hiiiiii

did you hear back yet ? 

Yes, I got the approval.  How about You?

On 7/27/2018 at 3:25 PM, PB&Jelly said:

Yes, I got the approval.  How about You?

I got it too !!! 

Good luck on the exam, which depth are you taking ?