The musical instrument thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squaretaper LIT AF PE

UNCE UNCE UNCE
Reaction score
Any fiddlers in EB land? I've been taking lessons for a year, my first instrument I chose as an adult. Was beat into piano as a kid, but I'm not smart enough to read two clefs at a time. I'm running a nice Guarneri "Il Cannone" clone, with Zyex strings, love it!

Unfortunately (maybe?) for me, not I.

Mainly because I was forced into piano as a young 7 year old, and that only lasted a few months. I quit when the piano teacher refused to stop banging on the back of the piano bench (she claimed she was doing it to keep the beat; it was incredibly annoying), after I asked politely. The jerk started my brother (who had started lessons at the same time as me) on a metronome the very next week, but I stuck to my principles and never took another lesson!

I did play the xylophone in third grade. That was fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cello and string bass here, though the string bass is pretty rusty at this point. I've thought of picking it up again, but never have. The cello comes out occasionally. 

I played the cello for a year...the teacher and I didn't get along so I didn't continue.  Mr snick played cello up through high school...expensive European cello (his parents paid for teacher to bring one home on the plane after an international concert thing) has been sitting in the closet the last 16 yrs...has come out less than a half dozen times.  It needs to find a new home.  

I played the cello for a year...the teacher and I didn't get along so I didn't continue.  Mr snick played cello up through high school...expensive European cello (his parents paid for teacher to bring one home on the plane after an international concert thing) has been sitting in the closet the last 16 yrs...has come out less than a half dozen times.  It needs to find a new home.  
Lady Squaretaper has some wrist issues (we're both learning violin) so I suggested cello. Too bad you're not close enough for a test drive!

I played the violin through high school, but I always wanted to convert to fiddle playing. Now I don't play anything, although I did pick up a few tunes on the concertina for Talk Like a Pirate Day purposes.

I played the violin through high school, but I always wanted to convert to fiddle playing. Now I don't play anything, although I did pick up a few tunes on the concertina for Talk Like a Pirate Day purposes.
WDnLdh.gif

Back