Ncees Pencil April 2018 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
cfm03

Ncees Pencil April 2018

Any thoughts about the famous ncees pencil?

Personally, I am not a fan of this particular design. a94fad01b16b5c6ef9cec84b66be62b0.jpg

• fudgey 1

1 hour ago, Ramnares P.E. said:

Looks like a collector's item - particularly since it's not only a different design but also potentially from the last written exam. @ptatohed

I am meeting some friends for lunch so, in fact, I'll be receiving my new-design pencil today!  :D 

I liked the new design but the eraser SUCKED...you had to press really hard to be able to erase...

I liked the new design but the eraser SUCKED...you had to press really hard to be able to erase...
The side button threw me off guard. During the exam that I was pressing the top way too many times because all my pencils have top buttons. A little distracting for the exam...too bad ncees doesn't have a mock practice exam with side button pencil included

Agree, the eraser looks and feels cheap.

I didn't mind it. The only issue that I had was that the rubber grip rotated pretty easily.

I didn't erase much. I don't care how sloppy my exam booklet looked and I rarely ran out of writing space.

32 minutes ago, Kloeb222 said:

I didn't mind it. The only issue that I had was that the rubber grip rotated pretty easily.

I didn't erase much. I don't care how sloppy my exam booklet looked and I rarely ran out of writing space.

i think the erasing problem presented itself when changing an answer from one option to another. The scantron got a lot of smudges due to the poor quality of the eraser. At least that was my problem with it. I am sure no one was worried about the neatness of their exam booklet haha

It could be worse. You could take tests 6.5 years apart and get the same color pencil. #engineerproblems

43d2dd7ce741caaf3bf935e719a70c0d.jpg

• Like 1

It could be worse. You could take tests 6.5 years apart and get the same color pencil. #engineerproblems

The lack of color creativity is humorous...

2 minutes ago, Ramnares P.E. said:

You mean this one?

That's one of them. But I recall also posting a couple photos myself. :dunno:

Never understood the obsession with these $0.25 Chinese plastic pencils. There were a ton just left sitting on the tables around me when I left. I shoulda grabbed them all and sold a dozen at $100/ea to recoupe some of my textbook money! haha :laugh:

At least you got to keep yours. Dammit I'm still pissed that the proctor filched mine. 

12 hours ago, knight1fox3 said:

@ptatohed, where's the infamous pencil thread we started with various photos for most exam cycles?

Dude, I apologize, I never did start it.  But I do think about it.  I promise I will one of these days!  

• Like 2

On 4/26/2018 at 11:43 AM, SacMe24 said:

On 4/26/2018 at 1:32 PM, Mack Eltarhoni said:

i think the erasing problem presented itself when changing an answer from one option to another. The scantron got a lot of smudges due to the poor quality of the eraser. At least that was my problem with it. I am sure no one was worried about the neatness of their exam booklet haha

Yeah, I heard a rumor that the erasure marks are wreaking havoc on scoring the exams this cycle. Not good at all.

Yeah, that's the price you pay if you go with the lowest bidder. Ncees is probably learning the hard way...

On 4/26/2018 at 2:46 PM, cfm03 said:
On 4/26/2018 at 1:58 PM, JHW 3d said:

The lack of color creativity is humorous...

FE in spring 2005: green pencil, passed

PE in fall 2013: red pencil, failed

PE in fall 2014: green pencil, passed

Same color pencils (especially green) are a good thing.

FE in spring 2005: green pencil, passed
PE in fall 2013: red pencil, failed
PE in fall 2014: green pencil, passed

Same color pencils (especially green) are a good thing.

Green means Go! Red means Stop. Pretty simple.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:58 AM, JHW 3d said:

So, was the 2009 pencil red or black?

So, was the 2009 pencil red or black?

You’re a stickler for details aren’t you?

RED!
  • Like 1