Ncees Pencil April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfm03

Reaction score
Any thoughts about the famous ncees pencil?

Personally, I am not a fan of this particular design.
a94fad01b16b5c6ef9cec84b66be62b0.jpg

I liked the new design but the eraser SUCKED...you had to press really hard to be able to erase...

I liked the new design but the eraser SUCKED...you had to press really hard to be able to erase...
The side button threw me off guard. During the exam that I was pressing the top way too many times because all my pencils have top buttons. A little distracting for the exam...too bad ncees doesn't have a mock practice exam with side button pencil included [emoji16]

Agree, the eraser looks and feels cheap.

I didn't mind it. The only issue that I had was that the rubber grip rotated pretty easily.

I didn't erase much. I don't care how sloppy my exam booklet looked and I rarely ran out of writing space.

I didn't mind it. The only issue that I had was that the rubber grip rotated pretty easily.

I didn't erase much. I don't care how sloppy my exam booklet looked and I rarely ran out of writing space.
i think the erasing problem presented itself when changing an answer from one option to another. The scantron got a lot of smudges due to the poor quality of the eraser. At least that was my problem with it. I am sure no one was worried about the neatness of their exam booklet haha

I still have my pencil from the October 2017 exam. Intend on framing it with my license/certificate.

Never understood the obsession with these $0.25 Chinese plastic pencils. There were a ton just left sitting on the tables around me when I left. I shoulda grabbed them all and sold a dozen at $100/ea to recoupe some of my textbook money! haha :laugh:

i think the erasing problem presented itself when changing an answer from one option to another. The scantron got a lot of smudges due to the poor quality of the eraser. At least that was my problem with it. I am sure no one was worried about the neatness of their exam booklet haha
Yeah, I heard a rumor that the erasure marks are wreaking havoc on scoring the exams this cycle. Not good at all.

Back