Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
GR8 PLUMENG

The wait is killing me

1 hour ago, Ninjaneer13 said:

Although the wait is not literally "killing " me, it sure isn't making life easy. It's my second attempt. I feel better coming out of the exam this time than last time, but now the doubt is setting in.

I have 4 kids (10 years, 7 years, and 3 year old twins) and I work full time so finding time to study hasn't exactly been easy (on me or my husband).

Wishing everybody the best as we wait through the next week or two!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as you. This is my second attempt with 3 kids at home ( 11, 8, and 4) hopefully we have better results than our first time. Good luck. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 10:18 AM, GR8 PLUMENG said:

This is my 3rd time taking this test, so I know that the results will not be posted until at least the 2nd week of May, based on historical trends. But every morning, as a routine, I log into myNCEES.ORG, sign in,  hoping to see the results posted. 

Am I the only one doing this? 

Its normal. Goodluck. 

It helps to keep spamming in the spam thread. Best thing to do is not think about the exam, just focus on other things. You wont need to study more until you find out if you failed, so why even think about it, you will just second guess yourself.

All the best

I am trying to keep the momentum and is in the process of going for another exam either CEM or CPD. Have not decided yet but it kept me off from thinking the PE exam....sometimes.

13 hours ago, Ninjaneer13 said:

Although the wait is not literally "killing " me, it sure isn't making life easy. It's my second attempt. I feel better coming out of the exam this time than last time, but now the doubt is setting in.

I have 4 kids (10 years, 7 years, and 3 year old twins) and I work full time so finding time to study hasn't exactly been easy (on me or my husband).

I feel your pain.  I took it twice, and have 2 kids (8& 10 at the time), full time job.  Super understanding hubby though, who I think felt bad when I didn't pass the first time, since he kept saying there was no way I could fail.  (Oh really....)  I feel like i gave my entire 2017 to the exam.  I also had kids when I was in engineering school, so I was somewhat used to the working full time and studying routine, but it seemed way worse for the exam.   I also felt better about the exam the second time, and sure enough, must have done just enough to squeak out a pass.

• Like 1

I feel your pain.  I took it twice, and have 2 kids (8& 10 at the time), full time job.  Super understanding hubby though, who I think felt bad when I didn't pass the first time, since he kept saying there was no way I could fail.  (Oh really....)  I feel like i gave my entire 2017 to the exam.  I also had kids when I was in engineering school, so I was somewhat used to the working full time and studying routine, but it seemed way worse for the exam.   I also felt better about the exam the second time, and sure enough, must have done just enough to squeak out a pass.
It's so nice to know I'm not alone. My oldest was 1 year old when I decided to go back to college and my second was planned around my school calendar. I dedicated hundreds of hours into studying for this test, and although my husband has been so supportive, I still don't want to put him (and my kids) through all of that for a third time!

I know it'll be worth it in the end though :) I mean, it's been 10 years in the making so I might as well finish it up!

I can totally relate. Full time job (elec eng), part time job (eng consulting), sole proprietor computer business, and engineering graduate school. All with a family and house complete with long lists of chores. I guess one could say I'm a glutton for punishment. :dunno: Heck, I was even working on one of my final projects in the delivery room!  :oldman:

These last few weeks will be crazy.  I remember in December the results came out a few days earlier than predicted.  I wasn't ready and sure enough failed 68%.  It was a terrible feeling.  I'm hoping I can finally experience passing the exam soon.  Three time is the charm or three strikes i'm out.  I have seen plenty of co-workers just flat out gave up the past year.  Failing two or three times can cause alot of doubt, and I wish good luck to all who are awaiting good news (green pass).

The day before the April 2018 exam my 6 year old son said "daddy you will pass your exam".   Hopefully, he gave me real good luck.

Edited by caychanh
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, caychanh said:

These last few weeks will be crazy.  I remember in December the results came out a few days earlier than predicted.  I wasn't ready and sure enough failed 68%.  It was a terrible feeling.  I'm hoping I can finally experience passing the exam soon.  Three time is the charm or three strikes i'm out.  I have seen plenty of co-workers just flat out gave up the past year.  Failing two or three times can cause alot of doubt, and I wish good luck to all who are awaiting good news (green pass).

You only fail if you quit trying. :thumbs:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

You only fail if you quit trying. :thumbs:

Image result for thanks for that dr phil meme

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, caychanh said:

The day before the April 2018 exam my 6 year old son said "daddy you will pass your exam".   Hopefully, he gave me real good luck.

I hope the third time is the charm for you !....I took the exam (ME, MDM) for the fourth time this past April after much soul searching, and glad I found the time and strength to do it again.. hoping and praying for better results in a few weeks. Good luck to all of us fighters !

19 hours ago, Ninjaneer13 said:

4 kids, 2-three year old twins PLUS full time job?  Hats off to you and your spouse.  Studying seems like it could have been a relief!

• Like 2

+1 here for logging in at least once per day, checking to see if there has been a change...

I don't have any kids, but can certainly relate to the level of stress. We are in the process of moving, close on both old and new homes May 15th. Thought it would be funny to get results the same day we close (only if I pass...). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caychanh said:

Wondering how you could manage this? :mellow:

14 minutes ago, Mike1208 said:

+1 here for logging in at least once per day, checking to see if there has been a change...

I don't have any kids, but can certainly relate to the level of stress. We are in the process of moving, close on both old and new homes May 15th. Thought it would be funny to get results the same day we close (only if I pass...). 

I bet the result will be on 21st, accroding to some 38-day routine. 

I feel everyone's pain. I'm currently studying for exam attempt #3 in October (skipped the April cycle).  I know waiting for results is hard!  Try to keep optimistic, and remember, if you fail, your worth as a human being isn't tied to one exam.  Grieve, eat some ice cream, then get back on it.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Zane said:

I bet the result will be on 21st, accroding to some 38-day routine. 

Same guess, May 21st

• Like 1

Almost there, yikes! What day do they usually release it? Was it Wednesday? so its got to be the 23rd..

Seems like Thursdays and Mondays have been reoccuring release dates, at least in my state (which generally releases with the bulk of the country).

Based on the last two years, it seems like this Thursday 5/17 has potential, or possibly Monday 5/21... but who really knows!

Just now, mckenz007 said:

Seems like Thursdays and Mondays have been reoccuring release dates, at least in my state (which generally releases with the bulk of the country).

Based on the last two years, it seems like this Thursday 5/17 has potential, or possibly Monday 5/21... but who really knows!

if you read page 11 of the April 2018 NCEES licensure pdf you can see they still have meetings for exam review up until the 19th and I dont think results are released until all exam types are reviewed.

14 minutes ago, mckenz007 said:

Bummer! But good to know!

I hope I'm wrong

Just now, ME_VT said:

I hope I'm wrong

Not to be a total sociopath... but I did just compare previous exam review dates listed in the Licensure Exchanges to exam release dates. In 2016, my state (Maine) released on May 19th and the last exam review (industrial) was scheduled May 21st. My thought here is that its possible no one in Maine took the industrial test so they released prior to the exam meeting. This is of course 100% speculative/ wishful thinking!

6 minutes ago, JustinFish said:

FYI They have meetings like that every month...those aren't to discuss results..

thats the best news I've heard all week

Everyone remember:  

ME_VT is the reason we wont have our scores early.  He did it!  its all his fault with his secret connections to the NCEES.  

• Haha 1