Worst Tourist Trap in Every State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with this list (especially for WI, right @csb?). Also just recently visited Epcot. But thought it was cool and not really a trap per-se, albeit very expensive.

http://www.thisisinsider.com/us-worst-tourist-traps-overrated-2017-7

597b4c80f8d1e64d008b4656-960-1305.png

I've been to 9 of them unfortunately. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hollywood sucks. How could the North Pole be a disappointment though? (assuming you're equipped with enough beaver apparel)

Mass should be Plymouth Rock.   Faneuil Hall isn't that bad. 

I’ve only been to 7.  I might agree with Faneuil hall because they just suck you in to buy stuff.  There really not much to see.

lexington battle green is up there too because it’s just a coon grassy area in Lexington center with the minuteman statue on one end

I've been to a few. As someone previously mentioned I too am confused about the Notth pole being a tourist trap. I don't suspect there are many overpriced gift shops there. 

FL, IN, NC, TX - all wrong.  Especially Blowing Rock.  It's one of the easier to get to and nicest scenic overlooks anywhere in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I've been to 9.  I'd say they're about 50/50 right.  Definitely agree with Waikiki Beach, Faneuil Hall and the Gum Wall, but I enjoyed some of the others.  Mystery Spot was fun, but I was only 9 at the time.  Trying Beverly at the Wold of Coca-Cola is a rite of passage, and Bourbon Street will always = boobs in my mind.

Of all the tourist crap in Vegas, I don't know how they singled out the gondolas.

Back