How to send technical feedback to NCEES (faulty questions, etc)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnMdd

Reaction score
Can anyone explain how to inform NCEES of a potentially faulty question, or any other technical issues on the exam? The survey I got in an email said it should be done through MyNCEES, but I logged in and couldn't find a link for messaging or exam feedback.

I just looked on the website and I cannot find any way to submit a technical issue either. I was going to submit something for a question that I believe was worded incorrectly. Which exam did you find an issue on?

I used the message feature in myNCEES. They emailed me back, then I gave them my concern after confirming I wasn’t breaking the examinee agreement. I accessed the message feature through the support link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the message feature in myNCEES. They emailed me back, then I gave them my concern after confirming I wasn’t breaking the examinee agreement. I accessed the message feature through the support link.
FYI, this is the only legal way you should discuss specific details about test questions. 

I just looked on the website and I cannot find any way to submit a technical issue either. I was going to submit something for a question that I believe was worded incorrectly. Which exam did you find an issue on?
I found an issue on MDM too. I was planning to sending it to them. 

Seriously?! @Ramnares P.E. Wow, so apparently engineering ethics should be incorporated into curriculums much earlier. <smh>
Don't get me started on this @knight1fox3.  Maybe I'm just naive or take engineering ethics too seriously, but any engineer, particularly those who are PEs or aspire to be, should be seriously concerned with discussions about and distribution of exam material.  PE's have a tremendous responsibility for oversight to ensure safe designs and any means of cheapening this should be viewed poorly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me started on this @knight1fox3.  Maybe I'm just naive or take engineering ethics too seriously, but any engineering, particularly those who are PEs or aspire to be, should be seriously concerned with discussions about and distribution of exam material.  PE's have a tremendous responsibility for oversight to ensure safe designs and any means of cheapening this should be viewed poorly.
Exactly! By sharing information in clear violation of the NCEES agreement, not only are they de-valuing the licensing process itself, but they are also engaging in unethical behavior that might be a demonstration of the their professional conduct in general. I think you and I have an equivalent regard for engineering ethics so I don't think it can be taken too seriously.

^ This.

In my mind there is a clear difference between taking prep courses, using approved/published sample exams as a means of preparing for the exam and purposely researching for, using, and discussing actual exam problems.  

Back