PCI

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZEZO4

ZEZO
Reaction score
Hi,

Just to make sure, did NCEES removed PCI from the exam standards requirements?

Thanks.

Not that I know of but I did see a practice problem on the PPI 16 hour practice exam.

Didn't realize it, but according to the NCEES - SE Design Standards the PCI code has been removed effective April 2018 exam.  

In my opinion, they should remove cold-formed steel as well if they are only going to ask 1 question about it. 

Didn't realize it, but according to the NCEES - SE Design Standards the PCI code has been removed effective April 2018 exam.  

In my opinion, they should remove cold-formed steel as well if they are only going to ask 1 question about it. 
I couldn't agree more on the cold formed steel.  474 pages of a manual just for one problem.  It's ridiculous.  As if we don't have enough to read on.

Wait!, hows this NOT a big deal?!?!?  PCI should be offended. :-/ too much?? Ok. Uhhh rreally,  how can they remove this reference? 

Wait!, hows this NOT a big deal?!?!?  PCI should be offended. :-/ too much?? Ok. Uhhh rreally,  how can they remove this reference? 
It was ridiculous to have 1 question for a manual that big (and expensive). Same with cold-formed steel. Should just be IBC, ASCE 7, AASHTO, Steel codes, Concrete codes, Wood codes, Masonry code.  

It was ridiculous to have 1 question for a manual that big (and expensive). Same with cold-formed steel. Should just be IBC, ASCE 7, AASHTO, Steel codes, Concrete codes, Wood codes, Masonry code.  
:D  just wrapped up a Double Tee design. Was a little saddened. But i agree. 

Back