One more week to go

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfm03

Reaction score
How is everybody doing?

Here, I am doing some merm and slay review and tabbing books, binders...

How is everybody doing?

Here, I am doing some merm and slay review and tabbing books, binders...
SlayPE yesterday after almost 3weeks the last time I did it, I finished it little over 5 hours, now doing it again maybe I get better times. Then tomorrow mock up Engr.Pro guides.

Then recycle again. I topped my previous time in 6ms, i finished it the other day under 4 hours. 

Everything is set to go.

reread thru the engrPro study guide this week. last night and continuing this weekend ill run thru engrPro sample exam and NCEES sample exam over again. (for about the fifth time each). I really wish I had another practice exam as ive pretty much memorized these two.

I worked through Slay for the most part. Much more difficult than engproguides, but both beneficial in their own way. Planning on Running through 6ms and ncees each once this weekend.

@pat_in_the_hat have you checked out our “HVAC&R practice problem of the week” thread? There are at least 6 problems (not available anywhere else) there you might consider attempting.

Also — although it’s not a full exam  — you may want to consider checking out our Psychrometrics & HVAC Systems Calcs practice problems ebook. Get free sample pages here: https://www.slaythepe.com/hvacr-psychrometrics.html

Last edited by a moderator:
@pat_in_the_hat have you checked out our “HVAC&R practice problem of the week” thread? There are at least 6 problems (not available anywhere else) there you might consider attempting.

Also — although it’s not a full exam  — you may want to consider checking out our Psychrometrics & HVAC Systems Calcs practice problems ebook. Get free sample pages here: https://www.slaythepe.com/hvacr-psychrometrics.html
@Slay the P.E. 

Please check email, got question need to be cleared. Thanks!

I am feeling prepared... i think. I have gone through three practice exams (MDM) two times each. I am currently going through topics that I'm weakest in. I ordered the Tim Kennedy review manual. That should be here today and I am going to tear into that tomorrow. I'm running out of fresh material to look at.

I am most worried about the theory type and lookup problems. Those types of problems tend to suck up a lot of time for me while I flip through my references.

Going to finish my second pass through the NCEES practice test tonight and this weekend to identify weak areas and then do MERM companion problems on those subject.

I am off all next week to just do problems. I will probably do the practice test a third time on Wednesday and then finalize my references. I am taking Thursday off for sure and driving down to Minneapolis with the family Thursday night. They are going to spend the day there while I take the test.

Going to finish my second pass through the NCEES practice test tonight and this weekend to identify weak areas and then do MERM companion problems on those subject.

I am off all next week to just do problems. I will probably do the practice test a third time on Wednesday and then finalize my references. I am taking Thursday off for sure and driving down to Minneapolis with the family Thursday night. They are going to spend the day there while I take the test.
Thats nice! Unfortunately I couldn't bring my kids, they have school, wifef also need to stay home. 

Destroyed the pro eng test on my second try. Perfect score under 5 hours.

got destroyed by slay on my second attempt about a month since he last time I tried it. (Well noand destroyed. Still got a passing score but it wasn’t easy).

I plan on working on slay and then doing a mock with ncees next week sometime.

going to skip doing anymore 6ms and ppi exams. Too much material that isn’t in the real thing.

Planning on sitting down and doing the entire NCEES practice exam this weekend (giving myself the same format as exam day). I've been through that exam a few times already but I've avoided looking at it for the past month or so. Just been working on the Slay exam recently. Wednesday off of work to make sure I have everything ready to go. Then headed down to Denver Thursday evening.

Good luck everyone (not that you need luck at this point)!

Curious about what is in the 2011 MSM. Got it on Amazon. I guess presentation doesn't matter as long as the content is there.

rps20180406_160434.jpg

Hmmm. I found some problems in the older version of ncees a tiny bit more tricky for some reason than the 2016. 

I just finished SlayPE 3:31min. 

Just having a coffee break, thinking of start doing mock up with EngrProguide or take a rest and hit it tomorrow xD

Hmmm. I found some problems in the older version of ncees a tiny bit more tricky for some reason than the 2016. 
I just finished SlayPE 3:31min. 
Just having a coffee break, thinking of start doing mock up with EngrProguide or take a rest and hit it tomorrow xD
I finished several few mock exams these past two weeks. Right now, going over all the problems I solved to date (problems from slay, merm, ppi, 6ms, engpro, ncees 2016/2011). Wrapping it up with two more mocks next week.
While reviewing, I reorganize my tabs, rewriting sections of my cheetsheet (8 page cheetsheet so far).

I finished Engineer Pro morning portion in about 2hrs 30min. I will check my score after I recieve clarification in one question seemed there was an error. Now Im taking a break. 

Lunch! Then do the PM portion.

I finished several few mock exams these past two weeks. Right now, going over all the problems I solved to date (problems from slay, merm, ppi, 6ms, engpro, ncees 2016/2011). Wrapping it up with two more mocks next week.
While reviewing, I reorganize my tabs, rewriting sections of my cheetsheet (8 page cheetsheet so far).
What will you be using for the mock ups? 

Probably another pass on Ncees 2016 and SlayPe.

I haven't touched Slay's mock up in over a week, so I need to go back to it.

This week, I have been focusing on wrapping up Slay's guides (hvac, thermo), NCEES 2016, and reshuffling my notes, and references.

Engpro is great one too... IMO, a little heavy on hvac/psychrometics, but I will take it. Difficulty wise, It is very similar to NCEES.

Probably another pass on Ncees 2016 and SlayPe.

I haven't touched Slay's mock up in over a week, so I need to go back to it.

This week, I have been focusing on wrapping up Slay's guides (hvac, thermo), NCEES 2016, and reshuffling my notes, and references.

Engpro is great one too... IMO, a little heavy on hvac/psychrometics, but I will take it. Difficulty wise, It is very similar to NCEES.
I got 39/40 on the morning of EngineerPro. I am upset about that 1 question I did not get.

I think if I have spare time in the real exam after 1 pass, I will make sure to use all that time to get accurate answer on some of not so sure answers.

Starting PM portion in few minutes.

Alright so I finished PM part of the EngineerProGuide at about 2:45min. I got like 3 problem to review, I spent another 45minutes to review them. I have left all in all 30mintes spared, did not use it. Let me check back whats the score, I was hoping to get 100% this time!!! 

I will take a cigarette break before checking my score. BRB! xD

Ok so I got the same **** score! Both my mistake come from worded problem lol

39/40, that one valve selection is confusing me...it said it is desired to have exact control so %flow vs %control valve open, so I answered the linear globe, so if it need 95%flow just close the valve 95%. But it appears it was wrong. 

This is my first attempt with EngineerProguide, 78/80 score, although many people said this is the easiest practice test and I concur.

So I will not relax still. I will continue practice the rest as scheduled! 

Back