Other disciplines or Mechanical? I need input!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udt290

Reaction score
I decided to take the test after almost 20 years working as an Engineer.  I need input from fellow engineers about which test should I take.  I heard that in general, the other disciplines test is easier than the Mechanical but in the NCEES website the Mechanical FE test passing percentage is higher. 

What do you recommend?

Thank you in advance for your input!

You may be able to request a waiver on the FE exam since you've had almost 20 years of experience.  I noticed your discipline is in Environmental.  You may also consider the Environmental or the Civil-WRE PE exam?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not know I can request a waiver.  Is there any clear path to do it?  Thanks

Check the registration requirements in your state.  In TN, you may request a waiver on the FE Exam if you have an undergraduate engineering degree from an ABET University and have "12 years of progressive engineering experience (without passage of the Fundamentals of Engineering examination)".  You may need to submit a request of waiver form as part of the application for the PE Exam.  

Back