No Dilly Dilly at the Masters

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not for anything but I'm glad they're trying to maintain some decorum at these events. 

Happy Gilmore was a great(?) movie, but that doesn't mean "pranksters" should ruin/degrade the actual event.

I can't wait for someone to test their authority and get booted.

Not for anything but I'm glad they're trying to maintain some decorum at these events. 

Happy Gilmore was a great(?) movie, but that doesn't mean "pranksters" should ruin/degrade the actual event.

I can't wait for someone to test their authority and get booted.
Let's be careful with how we throw around the word great. 

We did a project on I-520 near the Masters a while back and the owners of Augusta National were some pretty terrible people to deal with.

I wish I had the money to do a sky dive landing at the course with a gigantic "dilly dilly" parachute...

Golf  just isn't my bag, baby...

My advice for anyone involved in putting on a golf tournament is to make it as entertaining and fan friendly as possible because I could easily see golf being one of those things that is a memory one of these days.

Golf courses take up a lot of real estate and need a lot of upkeep.  Places like here, they're only usable maybe 8 months of the year as well.

I don't know how widespread they are yet, but you've got places like Top Golf starting to pop up.  Play year round while people bring food and beer right to your bay and it doesn't take up any more room than a driving range.

Louisville is finally getting a Top Golf

Of course letters are going out in the neighborhood protesting it (same neighborhood has a high end country club - next door to where Top Golf is going in at Hurstbourne Country Club – The membership fee to join is $28,000. And it has monthly dues of $375.)

I've gone a few times but never really gotten into topgolf either (our work has events there so Ill go if someone else is paying for the booze)- they wanted to build one near us, in a residential community - it got nixed because everyone in the surrounding area bitched so much the developer moved it to a commercial area - which makes sense IMO, a golf course is much more residential than a 5 story driving range monstrosity

Louisville is finally getting a Top Golf

Of course letters are going out in the neighborhood protesting it (same neighborhood has a high end country club - next door to where Top Golf is going in at Hurstbourne Country Club – The membership fee to join is $28,000. And it has monthly dues of $375.)
Not exactly the same neighborhood.  I heard it was the residents of Oxmoor Woods protesting the Top Golf.  I doubt their protest will get far.  Oxmoor Mall is dying, and Top Golf would give it a much needed shot in the arm.

BTW, Hurstbourne is an amazing course.  It's my favorite course in the city, including Valhalla.

Not exactly the same neighborhood.  I heard it was the residents of Oxmoor Woods protesting the Top Golf.  I doubt their protest will get far.  Oxmoor Mall is dying, and Top Golf would give it a much needed shot in the arm.

BTW, Hurstbourne is an amazing course.  It's my favorite course in the city, including Valhalla.
My partner lives in Hurstbourne and he got the flyers about it.  He's a big golf nut and excited to stumble home from Top Golf.  

We did the clubhouse renovation on it last year (or two years ago - I forget).  Definitely historic to walk around.  Between that and Louisville Country Club.

Last edited by a moderator:
My partner lives in Hurstbourne and he got the flyers about it.  He's a big golf nut and excited to stumble home from Top Golf.  

We did the clubhouse renovation on it last year (or two years ago - I forget).  Definitely historic to walk around.  Between that and Louisville Country Club.
I still haven't played LCC.  LCC, Harmony Landing, and Owl Creek are the only 3 courses in Louisville that I haven't played, but really want to.  I also haven't played Crescent Hill or Midland Trail, but I'm not too excited about them.

Back