EET simulation test experience

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midiman143

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am not sure if this the  right spot in the forum, and if it is not sorry in advance! I am currently taking the EET breadth and depth in Transportation. I just took the simulation test and did not do particularly well ( 50% overall). I have read that this simulation test is harder then the actual exam at least for structural and from my one past experience taking the PE exam I would think that to be generally true. Does anyone else have their experience they can share on this topic. Thank you!

You're not the only one. I also took the simulation test this weekend and scored poorly, 52/80. After going through the exam again on Sunday after receiving the solutions, I realized all the dumb mistakes that I made, stupid stuff like rounding the wrong way and not really reading/understanding the word problems.

Still, I thought the questions were a bit harder than the ones on the NCEES practice test, but I have seen most of the questions on some other random practice tests I've been going over.

I did their breadth and structural exam this weekend. The breadth wasn't too bad, scored 38/40, which is similar to how I did on the NCEES official practice exam. Their depth felt brutal though,  I just guessed (educated guess on a couple where I was able to just eliminate a couple solutions by looking at it) on 7 problems, the average on the Structural depth was a 53% but I somehow managed 31/40, but on the 7 I guessed on I got 3 right so I'm not counting those and giving myself 28/40, which gives me and overall of 66/80 or 82.5%. Makes me feel a little better for the real test, but while I was taking it their depth felt very time restricted. Also after reviewing the solutions I immediately saw 4 of the ones I guessed on were fairly simple and i just wasn't seeing it and understand it now. It definitely showed my a couple areas I need to brush up on in the next week though. I haven't taken the PE before so I can't comment on how it compared to the real test, I am also only just going to take the NCEES structural practice depth tonight, so idk how it compares to that either.

I signed up for the structural depth only for EET. I'm not sure if this is allowed, but any chance someone can share with me the breadth simulated exam and solutions?

Back