EET simulation test

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midiman143

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am currently taking the EET breadth and depth in Transportation. I just took the simulation test and did not do particularly well ( 50% overall). I have read that this simulation test is harder then the actual exam at least for structural and from my one past experience taking the PE exam I would think that to be generally true. Does anyone else have their experience they can share on this topic. Thank you!

Just go over your errors, understand your mistakes, and don't worry.

The EET exam is a lot harder in that every problem requires 6-8 minutes to solve. The real thing is going to have some softballs thrown in there. You aren't getting the softballs in the EET exam, you're getting well thought out problems.

I ran into this when I did the WRE practice exam with EET. Think was in the mid 60's. I contacted the instructor and he said scores like mine correlate to a very high probability of passing. He was right. 

I would check with the instructor and see what kind of correlations they have from sim score vs actual passing. 

I ran into this when I did the WRE practice exam with EET. Think was in the mid 60's. I contacted the instructor and he said scores like mine correlate to a very high probability of passing. He was right. 
Same here. 

Coincidentally, I got a 65% (52 out of 80) on my EET Simulated Exam so that is reassuring what your instructor told you.

I got a copy of the EET breadth practice exam from last spring. I'd say that the assessment of the EET exam being harder than the real one is incorrect for last spring. Take that advice with a grain of salt. I recall scoring high 60% on the EET breadth and also mid-70% on EET depth (transportation). But I was still feeling uneasy about it. Ended up passing the 8-hour on the first-try but I spent a lot of time studying and focusing on my strengths. 

Back