TFS problem evaporative colling

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You forgot to divide by the 70%...  To get the water flow required.

I came up with (B) for the answer.  

I did my calculations differently than yours.  I have quick equations on my Psych chart here...  

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I have to bump this up. Have a question.

@Slay the P.E.

Can you please clarify this, because I was calculating the mass of water that was evaporated into the air, isn't it equal to mair (W4-W3)? 

Why would the mass of water evaporated be calculated like mair4W4 - mair3W3 , where mair4 was calculated at the density at point 4 which the air was already treated. 

I've check other equation and it appears that the mass of water should be equal to mair at initial state x (W2-W1)?

Ok so I have to bump this up. Have a question.

@Slay the P.E.

Can you please clarify this, because I was calculating the mass of water that was evaporated into the air, isn't it equal to mair (W4-W3)? 

Why would the mass of water evaporated be calculated like mair4W4 - mair3W3 , where mair4 was calculated at the density at point 4 which the air was already treated. 

I've check other equation and it appears that the mass of water should be equal to mair at initial state x (W2-W1)?
Hi!

Pretty please with sugar on top: If you have questions about what you see in our practice exam solutions please use our customer service email.

Thanks!

Back