April Exam: Whos getting nervous?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im taking the HVAC exam on Friday the 13th. And Ive started having literal nightmares about it. 

Ive been studying hard. Ive bought the proengineer sample exam and study guide and the NCEES sample exam. But I pretty much have them memorized now.

The proengineer study guide seems awesome. I printed it out, read through it twice now and took 6 pages of good notes (front and back) of equations. One thing I wish is that there was an index to make it quicker to find certain sections.

To me, the proengineer sample exam seems easier than the NCEES sample exam, but both cover most of the same questions. 

For people whove taken it before, do the questions follow the NCEES sample exam pretty fairly? Or are there alot of questions out of left field. What Im mostly worried about.

I feel like im starting to run out of fresh material to study. Which is letting my desire to study fade out. 

Anyone have any suggestions or comments to help me study and calm my nerves?

When I ran out of exam type questions, I started doing the PPI problems book.  They are a little more difficult but I believe the more difficult problems help develop a better understanding on how to solve the problems.

I started feeling confident about the exam and then that shifted to a false sense of security.....  that's when I started the PPI problems book.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same boat! Been through the HVAC & R practice exam a twice but still can't get 100%. I'm planning to do some of the PPI problems as mentioned above as well as the example problems in the eng. proguides. I've singled out a few of my weak topics that I plan to focus on.

I think it's natural to be stressed about it, I have a lot on the line and I'm def gonna have the shakes when I first sit down for it lol. What helped me with the FE was going in with confidence. That's my plan, build every bit of confidence I can in these last few weeks and go in telling myself I can do it!

Just remember to relax and work through the problems methodically.  Do not rush through the exam and certainly do not panic.

I got nervous last week LOL.

Now its gone, looking forward to the exam date! I want to get over this already. LOL 3 months no life.

i was nervous taking the NCEES sample exam in the comfort of my own office lol.

I'm doing alright on the practice exams but I still don't feel like i am ready yet. My plan for the next two weeks is to go through the practice exams again. Then during the final week I am going to review any areas that i'm still not doing well on. The final few days will be reserved for organizing notes and reviewing test procedures, what i can bring with, organizing a bag with everything, etc.. 

Back