Advice for PE april structural exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I passed the structural pe exam on October 2017 and i need to give some advices for engineers who are going to take April 2018 exam

1-Focus on the AM portion of the exam, try to minimize your uncorrect answers, start with the areas that you know well first, i started this way (structure, geotechnical, water resource, transportation,construction)   .

2-be prepared that you will be surprised from the structural exam (do not get shocked !)   

3-Beware that the PM portion is more difficult  and you are exhausted from the AM exam, try to begin with the easy questions, first avoid starting with the load path problems from my point of view they are very tricky and waste too much time

4-take all your codes with you, don't miss a single one 

finally good luck for all exam takers.

Thanks, I'm taking the PE Civil- Structural in 2 weeks. I feel pretty good about it all but I am aiming to ace the morning that way I could get possibly as bad a 50% in the afternoon and still have a chance at passing, even though I expect to do a bit better than 50% in the afternoon. I'm done reviewing all my material and just doing more practice problems now, just need to figure out how I'm getting all the codes to the test center and keeping them organized. Also it's annoying I just got the Authorization and it says NY doesn't allow food or drinks in the testing room, which is kind of annoying because in (2) 4 hour sessions I'm going to want some water at the least, but i was planning on bringing some gummy bears or something quiet to snack on.

I passed the structural pe exam on October 2017 and i need to give some advices for engineers who are going to take April 2018 exam

1-Focus on the AM portion of the exam, try to minimize your uncorrect answers, start with the areas that you know well first, i started this way (structure, geotechnical, water resource, transportation,construction)   .

2-be prepared that you will be surprised from the structural exam (do not get shocked !)   

3-Beware that the PM portion is more difficult  and you are exhausted from the AM exam, try to begin with the easy questions, first avoid starting with the load path problems from my point of view they are very tricky and waste too much time

4-take all your codes with you, don't miss a single one 

finally good luck for all exam takers.
how long did you spend in practicing for the exam Mr. Ayman?

Back