PE Certificate Frame w/Pencil - Page 2 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
utilityeng

PE Certificate Frame w/Pencil

4 hours ago, SacMe24 said:

Very nice man !... you waited long enough for it... gotta make it look good !

Thanks - you are DEFINITELY right about the wait.

On 7/11/2018 at 8:30 AM, SacMe24 said:

@utilityeng....thank you so much for the idea, I just had my wall certificate framed and really liked the results. Michael's (Aaron's Brothers) did a great job and they gave me 65% off! 

IMG_9594.jpg

Wow I really like it! April 2018 is same cycle I took my 8hours exam in Bay Area, if may I ask .. Did you send the certificate and the pen to Aaron’s brothers and they framed it for you ? How many day it took to get it back, because they don’t have a physical store in bay area. Thanks 

These are great!  If I pass in April, I'll follow the group here.  

Just picked mine up from Hobby Lobby. $130. I think it came out really nice. There's a more expensive glass option that doesn't glare like this, but I'm happy with this one.

IMG_7620.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/11/2018 at 11:30 AM, SacMe24 said:

@utilityeng....thank you so much for the idea, I just had my wall certificate framed and really liked the results. Michael's (Aaron's Brothers) did a great job and they gave me 65% off! 

IMG_9594.jpg

Looks awesome.. how do I get that 65% off, any link/contact? how much did it cost in the end?

On 2/17/2019 at 2:19 PM, vip-eng said:

Wow I really like it! April 2018 is same cycle I took my 8hours exam in Bay Area, if may I ask .. Did you send the certificate and the pen to Aaron’s brothers and they framed it for you ? How many day it took to get it back, because they don’t have a physical store in bay area. Thanks 

Thanks! Yes I brought my certificate and pencil to Michael's (because Aaron Brothers no longer has physical stores, at least not in my area) and the lady I spoke with did all the layout in front of me. Great service. The turn-around time was under 2 weeks and well worth the wait.

Congrats on passing the exam and now treat yourself to a nice frame!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stardust said:

Looks awesome.. how do I get that 65% off, any link/contact? how much did it cost in the end?

hobby lobby has sales every other week on custom framing. i think michaels is similar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Stardust said:

Thanks! I just watched the sales on line (https://www.michaels.com/custom-framing ) and waited for the next best deal. They have one every month it seems, right now you can get 40% by following the link above but you have to order on-line. I'd wait until they have an in-store coupon deal so you can go in person and talk to an associate. I ended up paying around $170 when it was all said and done.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Also - a suggestion that I used when I framed my tassel and degrees, is to cut your own mat (I think they had mat cutters at michaels/hobby lobby) and make it fit in a non custom frame size. would be less than 50 bucks this way. especially if you buy the frame at 50% off on the hobby lobby week. FYI hobby lobby has 2 cycles of sales and they alternate weeks. if the sale price is less than 40% then wait when it's not on sale and use the coupon. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, fyrfytr310 said:

These are great!  If I pass in April, I'll follow the group here.  

For the record, I passed!  Now just to get through CA bureaucracy.....

• Like 1

Anyone know if Michigan even gives you a certificate? lol...

• Like 1

Wow, some of the frames on here look very familiar. I haven't posted on this forum in a while, but glad its still providing inspiration. 

post-25360-0-54860800-1404607796_thumb.jpg