PE Certificate Frame w/Pencil

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utilityeng

Reaction score
Got my certificate framed and was happy with the results (kind of). The pencil had an ugly wire holding it in place, and was crooked.  :mellow:

Did a little surgery and fixed the issues. 1st pic shows the frame as received, 2nd pic shows post surgery.  :D

I would have liked to have shown the date on the pencil, but the way it was printed with respect to the clip made that difficult.

RqpVF8n.jpg

tCHZVLM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice! Plus you got one of those rare multi-color NCEES pencils! :thumbs:
Did not realize the pencil's aren't usually two-toned. Good to know!

Not that the color matters to me - that pencil was getting memorialized even if it was bright pink with sparkles and a pom-pom at the end.

Not that the color matters to me - that pencil was getting memorialized even if it was bright pink with sparkles and a pom-pom at the end.
Oh, I want a pom-pom on the end of a NCEES pencil.  Not enough to take the exam again though...

Got my certificate framed and was happy with the results (kind of). The pencil had an ugly wire holding it in place, and was crooked.  :mellow:

Did a little surgery and fixed the issues. 1st pic shows the frame as received, 2nd pic shows post surgery.  :D

I would have liked to have shown the date on the pencil, but the way it was printed with respect to the clip made that difficult.

Would you mind sharing who you used to have your certificate framed? I'm in California and looking for someone who can do this.... thanks ! It looks awesome !

This can probably be accomplished at any picture framing store or even Michael's craft store. It's similarto standard matting, but needs a thicker frame to accomodate the pencil. 

The proctor took my April 2018 mechanical pencil back after the test :(

Does anyone know if they can be purchased from NCEES?  I suppose I can go on Ebay and take a look there.

This can probably be accomplished at any picture framing store or even Michael's craft store. It's similarto standard matting, but needs a thicker frame to accomodate the pencil. 
This. Basically just visit something local and provide your requirements/specifications.

The proctor took my April 2018 mechanical pencil back after the test :(

Does anyone know if they can be purchased from NCEES?  I suppose I can go on Ebay and take a look there.
Ugh....another that fell pray to an over-powered proctor. I was told the same thing on exam day (a few years ago) after completing it. But it was going to be a cold day in hell if they got my pencil. There was no way they even knew who I was at that point anymore since all the booklets had been collected. I just shrugged and walked out with my pencil.

As far as I know, NCEES doesn't offer them for sale. You might find them on eBay, however, your best bet might be trying to find someone on this board who is willing to part with there's. :thumbs:

@ptatohed, any spares? ;)

Color is everything. 

This. Basically just visit something local and provide your requirements/specifications.

Ugh....another that fell pray to an over-powered proctor. I was told the same thing on exam day (a few years ago) after completing it. But it was going to be a cold day in hell if they got my pencil. There was no way they even knew who I was at that point anymore since all the booklets had been collected. I just shrugged and walked out with my pencil.

As far as I know, NCEES doesn't offer them for sale. You might find them on eBay, however, your best bet might be trying to find someone on this board who is willing to part with there's. :thumbs:

@ptatohed, any spares? ;)
I'll spare one if I have a duplicate.  Which administration are we talking about?  For the last several years, I am lucky to only have one.  

So Michaels seems to use acid free mats which are still pulp based and will discolored the certificate after time.  Anyone have any experiences with that?

I'll spare one if I have a duplicate.  Which administration are we talking about?  For the last several years, I am lucky to only have one.  
I am trying to find a pencil for the April 2018 exam - no luck yet.  I am more than willing to buy one from somebody on this discussion board if they have a spare.

Sorry, only have one of those.  Maybe someone who did not pass April '18 would be willing to sell?  Good luck.  

I am trying to find a pencil for the April 2018 exam - no luck yet.  I am more than willing to buy one from somebody on this discussion board if they have a spare.
A miracle :)    I scored a pencil today.

I sent an Email out to Castle Worldwide (the organization that administrates the PE test in New York, and are going to send me a pencil - no charge.  The person I have been exchanging Emails with has only asked that I send her a picture of my framed certificate with the pencil inside the mat.

@utilityeng....thank you so much for the idea, I just had my wall certificate framed and really liked the results. Michael's (Aaron's Brothers) did a great job and they gave me 65% off! 

View attachment 11755
Wow, that's beautiful - I'm soooo jealous.

Maybe someday soon I will get my parchment certificate and I can get that done too.  I hope the Michael's in New York can do the job as well as that.

Wow, that's beautiful - I'm soooo jealous.

Maybe someday soon I will get my parchment certificate and I can get that done too.  I hope the Michael's in New York can do the job as well as that.
I'm sure they will... Aaron's Brothers is now located inside most Michael's and I'm sure they can replicate that. I brought a picture of exactly what I wanted so you can do the same ....

You WILL get your certificate  :bananalama:

Hi everyone,

Well the New York State Education department finally did something without delay - I received my two certificates (one a parchment and the other a license) in the mail yesterday :B

I ran right out to Michael's and paid the exorbitant amount of money to have it framed with one of the three pencils I received after the test. (I'm embarrassed to even tell anyone here the number).

Then, I get back home and my Stamp arrives as well :)  

I wind up not sleeping wondering if I did the right thing, then it suddenly occurs to me that I should have put an impression of my Seal in with the pencil.  So I run over to Michaels again this afternoon and have them change it (amazingly, they are very nice about it and do not charge me anything additional - but then again, they cleaned out my Bank account already).

Below are the two images that Michael's created for me - the original from yesterday, and the modified one from today.

My wife thinks I'm crazy :rolleyes:

scan0001a.jpg

scan0002a.jpg

When I get the final product I'll take a picture of that and show it as well.

Back