Framing store lost my pencil

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utilityeng

Reaction score
Ugh. As the title states, I intended to get my $600 pencil framed with my certificate. Unfortunately, the local framing store I chose was transitioning from the old owner to a new owner. The existing owner assured me they would complete my project before the transition. Four weeks go by and I call wondering what's taking so long (was told it would be 2-3 weeks).

The new owner said the old owner lost my work order, and I guess my phone number with it, since I never received a call. So I visited the shop today to re-pick out the frame and mats, only to find that my NCEES pencil I had left in the hard envelope with the certificate was now missing. Sucks to lose that piece of memorabilia that was such a vital part of the experience.

Oh well, just needed to vent. 

Ugh. As the title states, I intended to get my $600 pencil framed with my certificate. Unfortunately, the local framing store I chose was transitioning from the old owner to a new owner. The existing owner assured me they would complete my project before the transition. Four weeks go by and I call wondering what's taking so long (was told it would be 2-3 weeks).

The new owner said the old owner lost my work order, and I guess my phone number with it, since I never received a call. So I visited the shop today to re-pick out the frame and mats, only to find that my NCEES pencil I had left in the hard envelope with the certificate was now missing. Sucks to lose that piece of memorabilia that was such a vital part of the experience.

Oh well, just needed to vent. 
WHAT?!?!? THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! Just wait until @ptatohed hears about this transgression!

Do you recall the year/color of the pencil? Perhaps someone else will chime in if they don't particularly care to keep their pencil. 

WHAT?!?!? THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! Just wait until @ptatohed hears about this transgression!

Do you recall the year/color of the pencil? Perhaps someone else will chime in if they don't particularly care to keep their pencil. 
What are you talking about? Ptatohed is likely the one that stole it.

October 2017. I wouldn’t want anyone to part with theirs, and wouldn’t accept it if they were willing. It just wouldn’t be the same as framing the instrument that was my intimate partner during those hellish eight hours, you know?

October 2017. I wouldn’t want anyone to part with theirs, and wouldn’t accept it if they were willing. It just wouldn’t be the same as framing the instrument that was my intimate partner during those hellish eight hours, you know?
Indeed. But still might be nice to add to the framed display either way. I suppose you would always know though too. Sucks either way.

Talk about poor service from that framing business. It's one thing to delay your order, but another thing to misplace your personal property. :(

This is an absolutely nightmarishly horrific story!  So sorry to hear about your lost loved one u.e.  We are all grieving with you.  Your pencil is in our thoughts.  :virtual hug:

Appreciate the condolences guys. I'll get over it, just disappointing.

I really have no recourse against the shop such as leaving a bad online review - no sense in punishing the new owners for something their predecessor did.

The old owner did say I will not owe anymore $$ when I come pick it up, so I will only be in it for my 50% down payment. Still - I'd rather pay the $$ and have my stinkin pencil framed.

I feel silly talking that way about a pencil, but I feel as if we really went through some trying times together. Ha.

So they didn't lose your certificate, did they?  Odd that the two would be separated.

So they didn't lose your certificate, did they?  Odd that the two would be separated.
Nope - the certificate is there. However, when I asked them to locate the certificate for me so I could compare it to some matting, the certificate was just floating in a drawer and not in its envelope. I then asked them to locate the envelope since it had the pencil within it, and it was located in a pile of stuff elsewhere, sans pencil. The new owners are remodeling the store, so everything's a mess right now.

I couldn't have chosen a worse time to get work done at this place. I should have just walked out when the mention of old/new owner transition came up. Ultimately, I take responsibility for not having better spidey senses!

Fire breaks out in local picture framing shop

firefighters responded early Thursday after fire broke out in a local picture framing shop.

Temple-framing-business-fire-12.07.17.jpg

( Fire & Rescue photo)

The fire at Advantage Picture Framing at 118 South 25th St. was reported just before 3:30 a.m.

Back