Georgia honoring decoupled PE passes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lturner

Reaction score
Hi sorry if already posted somewhere else but couldn't find an answer in some quick searches.  

I am an EIT in Georgia for 12 months now.  I see that South Carolina has decoupled the exam from the experience.  Has anyone (from Georgia) taken the PE exam in a decoupled state before the 4 years experience required by Georgia?  If so, was the process of comity/reciprocity honored by Georgia?

I have heard conflicting reviews of Georgia not wanting to honor 'early' passing PE exams scores in decoupled states once the 4 years of experience is gained.  Like most in my situation, I would like to take the PE exam while school is more fresh more time, before life gets in the way of studying, etc etc.  

Thanks for any help on the topic.  

Not specific to that state or decoupling but many people here in WA will test in CA because they could take it a year earlier, then apply by reciprocity in WA a year after. One thing to note is (I believe) you will need to forever keep your original state of licensure up to date to have validity in your others. Not terribly expensive but just something to note.

Not specific to that state or decoupling but many people here in WA will test in CA because they could take it a year earlier, then apply by reciprocity in WA a year after. One thing to note is (I believe) you will need to forever keep your original state of licensure up to date to have validity in your others. Not terribly expensive but just something to note.
That may be a state by state rule. I got my license in NJ, if I was to move to North Carolina, it would make sense to maintain my license in NJ of I was never going to do work here sgain. 

Back