CIVIL Structural PE April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGA

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just joined the group. I am taking Civil Structural PE in April 2018. I was unsuccessful in Oct 2017 :(

I wanted to get in touch with folks who are studying for Civil Structural to keep myself motivated and get going.

Thanks

Taking in April as well. How’s the study going? What you going to do different? Any advise? 

Also taking in April. Kind of hit me last night that we're less than 3 weeks away! crunch time. I'm a bit more than halfway through the "Structural Depth Six-Minute Problems for the PE Civil Exam" book and it is kicking my ass. I heard these problems are more difficult than the exam problems so I am attempting and then mostly making sure I fully understand the solution and know which references to use.

Took a few breadth sample exams and my score is around a 32/80 so far. Have not done a depth sample exam. Planning on doing a full simulation on Saturday!

Also taking in April. Kind of hit me last night that we're less than 3 weeks away! crunch time. I'm a bit more than halfway through the "Structural Depth Six-Minute Problems for the PE Civil Exam" book and it is kicking my ass. I heard these problems are more difficult than the exam problems so I am attempting and then mostly making sure I fully understand the solution and know which references to use.

Took a few breadth sample exams and my score is around a 32/80 so far. Have not done a depth sample exam. Planning on doing a full simulation on Saturday!
I hope you mean 32/40 for the breadth exams... ??

But regardless, good luck! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also taking the exam in April, the subjects we are studying is very huge, I forgot already what I had studied last month, I hope I can find time for solving the 6 minutes solution.

6-min solutions very involved. Took the NCEES practice exam weekend before last and much more shorter to the point answers. Still struggled on half of them. Banking on a good AM and if get 25/40 on the PM I’ll be happy. Best of luck everyone!! 

Like he said, morning felt relatively easy, afternoon was more difficult than the official practice. I took EET and there were definitely problems they didn't cover(even though I thought the class was great and got me really prepared). Some problems I had never seen before and feel like most people probably hadn't, but if you found the applicable section of the code they were actually relatively simple just plug and chug. The code lookup questions were definitely buried in the code well, but I actually managed to find them all word for word so that made me feel a bit better, some were taking up a bit of my time during the exam searching so I skipped and came back at the end, but I did manage to find them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back