Newbie in BC thinking about taking up engineering

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crockett85

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a 32 year old man living in British Columbia, Canada. Since I left the military two years ago, I have been stuck in an endless thought loop about what I should do for a career path. I know that I lean more toward science/trades/tech/engineering. A few people have suggested that I should take up either a trade or engineering based on my strengths/weaknesses, interests, and desired lifestyle. Since I have to leave for work soon, I will have to wait until tomorrow to post more details about my background (I will do this on a separate thread).

Basically, I am here to get a second opinion from people who work in this amazing field. Hopefully I will be able to find the answers to my questions and finally decide on something.

Kind regards,

James

Welcome. One great thing about an engineering degree is that if you get tired of being an engineer, that degree can land you lots of other roles (management etc..). It demonstrates you have discipline and focus. Much better than having a degree in Art History, English Major or other silly degrees the person serving your coffee at Starbucks wasted 60k on... :)

I am in the same boat here in NB. Working on a different degree to go with my CTech and Project Management. Trying to find the path. Check out the jobs.ca for the Public Service. It has some great engineering jobs that might be of interest. Also with either the PMP or Masters Certificate in Project Management it will help you in the long run. VAC will be coming out with training $$$ to support education also.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Back