Preparation for the FE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rawan

Reaction score
Hi All,

my name is Rawan Yacoub , I am studying now for my FE exam next month and I joined  a PE school review program (online) , I find it good but when I feel that the refresher notes from school of PE  for very little topics does not represent everything on The specifications list for the FE civil test and when I spend sometime and study from the FE civil review manual for Michael R. lindeburg I notice that the material is much larger than what's mentioned in the Refresher note from the School of PE. 

My question is : is it enough to study and be familiar with the material from The refresher notes from school of PE and solve a lot of questions ?  Or I should study also from the review Manual ( especially transportation topic )? 

Thanks For the help in advance 

I am also preparing for the Civil exam, but only through Lindeburg. Can you tell us more about this online review program? a link as well?

Thanks

@Omar Khaleel 

hi Omar, the course is good , i actually signed up because I needed somebody to enlightens me on what to study more , I found it helpful but unfortunately sometimes I ended up with some lecturers that speak fast or the audio is not great ( very few cases ) . These are things that you have to expect but all in all I find it good and some of the lecturers are great too , but if you already find yourself good with linderburg and you feel comfortable, I don't think you need this online course because at the end of the day it's about how many questions you solve and practice. 

For this course you can go to www.schoolofpe.com 

Wish you the best,

Rawan

@School of PE 

thank you so much for reaching back to me.

i actually don't have enough time to go back to linderburg and study the other materials, I am sure I should be fine with school of PE materials.

my exam is at the end of March , hopefully I will pass and I will write my feed back here too. 

Thanks a lot,

Rawan 

Make sure you are familiar with the NCEES reference handbook. Unlike the PE exam, FE exam is closed book and you get a PDF version of the reference guide to use. I took FE when it was paper, and navagating the reference manual was key. Pay attention to overlap areas, you may think a topic is covered in 1 section, but it's actually in another.  During test day this can play serious mind games with you if you know exactly what you are looking for but don't realize what section it's in.

give it time.  the chem PE is now computer based, i think environmental was the next one headed that way

@youngmotivatedengineer

thank you soo much for the advice, I actually started 2 days ago to practice using the PDF version

my test is within less than one month, I agree with you the key is to be familiar with tha handbook as much as I can

Talk to people or look online if there's details of how you use the guide during the exam so you use it the same way during sample questions.  For example , if you use "search" during practice but can't do that during exam, it may give you fall sense in terms of how you are on timing to complete test on time

Back