CA PE license after Oct 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARS

Reaction score
Did anyone received the PE license after new application process.

Did anyone received the PE license after new application process.
Application received by the board on 12/22/17. Check cleared on 1/3/18. Got email regarding technical review on 2/13/18. Let's see when will be the next update for pe licence. So far the latest license number reached is 88858. 

Hello All,

I have been following this site for sometimes now. Recently became a member. Passed PE electrical power this oct 2017. Waiting for the license. 

Application received by the board on 12/22/17. Check cleared on 1/3/18. Got email regarding technical review on 2/13/18. Let's see when will be the next update for pe licence. So far the latest license number reached is 88858. 
3/8/18 status application approved.received an email. Waiting for lic # update and other documents and certificate. 

Hope this helps other regarding estimating the waiting time.

Thanks

License # 88871 as of Feb 27 2018
I wanted to update with how the April 2018 test process went.

NOTE: My license number is only 4 numbers long, so CA is not just adding on to the end of the list. No idea why I was given such a "small" license ID (probably has to do with my branch), but there's that.

• Exam: April 13th, 2018
  • Results released: May 24th, 2018
  • Mailed in application: June 5th
  • Application delivered: June 6th
  • Check cashed: June 14th
  • "Technical" review email received: June 20th
  • License issued (checked via bpelsg's license lookup): June 27th
I received all the other info (pocket certificate, then real certificate) 1-2 weeks after it was issued.

NOTE: My license number is only 4 numbers long, so CA is not just adding on to the end of the list. No idea why I was given such a "small" license ID (probably has to do with my branch), but there's that.

I received all the other info (pocket certificate, then real certificate) 1-2 weeks after it was issued.
You are correct.  California is a "discipline-specific" state, which means that while licensees can generically refer to themselves as a PE, the license is issued in a specific discipline of engineering.  The Civil license is different from the Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, etc. and all have different numbering.  There are very few, if any, 4 digit civil engineers alive.  You must be licensed in one of the lower population disciplines.

Guessing Industrial Engineer with a last name Avery and first name that begins with a 'P' :)

You are correct.  California is a "discipline-specific" state, which means that while licensees can generically refer to themselves as a PE, the license is issued in a specific discipline of engineering.  The Civil license is different from the Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, etc. and all have different numbering.  There are very few, if any, 4 digit civil engineers alive.  You must be licensed in one of the lower population disciplines.
Still waiting on mine. My application arrived at BPELSG on June 18 so it has only been 36 days but still within the 60 day time frame. I don't want to bug the evaluators so I'm just sitting patiently but also just refreshing the license lookup as a pressure release. So it's been quite a bit slower than @pjavery , but mine is also one of the main disciplines so maybe that has an influence. Not complaining, just anxious. I'm sure @CAPLS is slammed. :rotflmao:

Still waiting on mine. My application arrived at BPELSG on June 18 so it has only been 36 days but still within the 60 day time frame. I don't want to bug the evaluators so I'm just sitting patiently but also just refreshing the license lookup as a pressure release. So it's been quite a bit slower than @pjavery , but mine is also one of the main disciplines so maybe that has an influence. Not complaining, just anxious. I'm sure @CAPLS is slammed. :rotflmao:
private message me your name and contact info and I'll check

Back