this is why I just work for a living....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gofundme though!
I'm gonna start a Gofundme for something. I'm not sure what, yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's the equivalent of a baby taking its first steps, stumbling 2 feet in front of them, and then deciding they'd be leaving that afternoon to go hike Mt. Everest.

I sincerely hope nobody gives them a dime to put towards another boat, for a multitude of reasons.

"The boat cost $5,000, but they had so spend that much more fixing it up.

"Hey Nikki, don't forget to patch that hole in the stern. 

This makes me want to vomit.  When I was in college, I had a sailboat very similar to the one they got.  You would have to try very hard or be incredibly stupid to sink it.  I'm going to go with incredibly stupid.  There was another article with a bit more info.  Like I figured, typical millennials.  Doing something they have no business doing and then wanting everyone else to bail them out when it blows up in their face.  I'm not sure what's worse, them wanting people to give them money or the fact that people are actually doing it.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/couple_spends_life_savings_on.html

Yeah, it's real hard staying between those red and green buoys that are 50 yards apart.  Idiots.

Yeah, it's real hard staying between those red and green buoys that are 50 yards apart.  Idiots.
Did you ever think that maybe they're colorblind, and that they just haven't been able to film each other trying on those prismatic color correction glasses to post to Instagram yet?

“We’ve also had several experienced captains hit that from time to time when there’s been big storms and they try to get into the inlet and they don’t hit the buoy just right,” Keen said.

Did anyone click through to the GFM? Turd Ferguson donated $5 just recently. 

This makes me want to vomit.  When I was in college, I had a sailboat very similar to the one they got.  You would have to try very hard or be incredibly stupid to sink it.  I'm going to go with incredibly stupid.  There was another article with a bit more info.  Like I figured, typical millennials.  Doing something they have no business doing and then wanting everyone else to bail them out when it blows up in their face.  I'm not sure what's worse, them wanting people to give them money or the fact that people are actually doing it.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/couple_spends_life_savings_on.html

Hey Jeb:  did you write the comment listed under "Jeb" on that link:  "I will gladly donate a hammer if someone down there in Florida is willing to go hit them both in the head...idiots. "

that killed me. :lmao:

Hey Jeb:  did you write the comment listed under "Jeb" on that link:  "I will gladly donate a hammer if someone down there in Florida is willing to go hit them both in the head...idiots. "

that killed me. :lmao:
I can neither confirm nor deny...yeah, that was me.

“We’ve also had several experienced captains hit that from time to time when there’s been big storms and they try to get into the inlet and they don’t hit the buoy just right,” Keen said.

Did anyone click through to the GFM? Turd Ferguson donated $5 just recently. 
Yeah, sandbars are just a part of boating.  We hit more than one in our day.  Know how many times our boat sank?  Zero.

In fact, I call bullshit on their whole story.  Newsflash, sailboats aren't very fast, even under power.  Even if you hit a sandbar going full speed, the only thing that's going to happen is that you're going come to a gradual stop when your keel buries itself in the sand.  Most of the time, you can go full port/starboard/reverse and you'll be out.

Every article makes them look more and more idiotic.  And people are still giving them money.  Wonder if I can start a GoFundMe page to have them both sterilized?

Gofundme though!
I'm gonna start a Gofundme for something. I'm not sure what, yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wanted to start a gofundme when we were buying the empty lot next to ours when the guys who owned it said rather than try to sell it they were going to put a spec house on it. 

I have never sailed a boat that size, had a few sunfishes (very fun boat!) and a hobie cat. I used to flip those all the time, mainly when going too fast. but those are more easy to upright. but sailing is definitely  a learned skill. If I was going to sail the world I would still take some of those captain classes or something, especially if I was someone who didn't grow up on the water.

But these people were from the landlocked state of Colorado, people here get excited when their 12 year old learns to swim in a 4' deep pool!

also more proof they are really dumb, for around $300 bucks a year you can get a towboatUS membership (sort of like AAA) and they will salvage your boat within 10 miles from the coast for almost nothing..

I'm sure his towboat card was in his wallet, which is now at the bottom of a very shallow ocean.

The keel on those boats are basically a big lead fin bolted to the bottom of the boat. They actually weigh more than the boat so you can put the mast in the water and it’ll right itself. The goal is to get it over far enough that your rail is in the water...that’s when you’re going the fastest. I’m guessing they got in the chop in the inlet, panicked and jumped ship.

Back