Civil-WRE, 2nd Attempt- Failed: Which Course Should I Take /What Should I do now?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolverine PE

Reaction score
Hello,

So here is the thing. My 2nd attempt was not successful (October 2017, Civil WRE)

• First Attempt: October 2016: I didn't spent that much time for studying.   Also, didn't had that much practice problems. I took the ASCE Civil 22 part course. Not that much helpful at all, specially my depth was WRE and content of those course videos was not helpful, sometimes misleading compared to NCEES guideline. They felt more like a college course, not exam focused. Used CERM and some other text books. So I failed.
  • 2nd Attempt: I really tried to ace WRE/ENV part this time, solved more problems for the afternoon based on 6 minutes, goswami and some other hand notes /practice problems.  I felt confident. But this time my score was 66%.. Also, I felt I did not had enough reference materials with me, specially for environment /air quality section .
Now,  I really want to make a difference this time.  So planning to take a review course.

1. Which course would be better, EET or Testmasters Dallas ? I have silently followed all the posts in this board , but would highly appreciate if someone can share their recent experience 
  2.  List of Reference /Books: I really felt the afternoon environment section had a lot of stuff that was not covered in CERM, Goswami, 6 minutes, or even the env textbooks I took with me 

I'd highly recommend EET as well. Please go through detailed posts from other members who took this course and passed. I passed back in 2014 and hope Nazrul is still teaching the WRE depth portion. He's an awesome instructor!

Same boat as you... Failed the last two exams.  I'm taking the EET courses right now and they are pretty helpful.  Nazrul is really helpful and thorough at explaining concepts.  The binders with info and practice problems are top notch.

EET all the way.  Just wondering though, did you take the WRE test or the Environmental test?  Per the test specifications, there shouldn't be any air quality questions on the WRE test.  There's some great advice in this thread, and I give my review on the EET course.  It was worth every penny!  

As far as references, for the depth, the EET notebook was pretty much all I needed. 

Wolf, I guess it depends on your learning style.  I perform better in a classroom setting rather than an online course.  It helps me set my schedule and keep me in focused on the subject matter.  I took the Testmasters classroom Dallas course in spring of 2017 and was pleased with all the instructors, however will all the praise Nazrul from EET has received I would have liked to have taken his WRE course.  I never could have passed the PE without Testmasters and their classroom setting was very conducive for learning. 

Congrats! What did you do differently besides taking the EET courses? Did you bring only the EET binders for the exam?

Congrats! What did you do differently besides taking the EET courses? Did you bring only the EET binders for the exam?
No,  I took 

EET Binder

CERM (7th ed, don't waste money on a fancy new ed)

CERM Solution

Env Engg Handbook

Design of RCC Structure (Nielson, 13th ed)

ALL college/grad level textbook (Water, Hydrology , Environment) that I had

FE Handbook

FE Civil Books

My Own notes/binder

Mostly I used EET Binder, but for a couple of ques having those additional reference really helped me

Did you sign up for both AM and WRE PM portion with EET? or just the WRE PM portion? I am deciding between WRE and Transportation. I took the WRE on the first attempt and did not pass.

Hello,

So here is the thing. My 2nd attempt was not successful (October 2017, Civil WRE)

• First Attempt: October 2016: I didn't spent that much time for studying.   Also, didn't had that much practice problems. I took the ASCE Civil 22 part course. Not that much helpful at all, specially my depth was WRE and content of those course videos was not helpful, sometimes misleading compared to NCEES guideline. They felt more like a college course, not exam focused. Used CERM and some other text books. So I failed.
  • 2nd Attempt: I really tried to ace WRE/ENV part this time, solved more problems for the afternoon based on 6 minutes, goswami and some other hand notes /practice problems.  I felt confident. But this time my score was 66%.. Also, I felt I did not had enough reference materials with me, specially for environment /air quality section .
Now,  I really want to make a difference this time.  So planning to take a review course.

1. Which course would be better, EET or Testmasters Dallas ? I have silently followed all the posts in this board , but would highly appreciate if someone can share their recent experience 
  2.  List of Reference /Books: I really felt the afternoon environment section had a lot of stuff that was not covered in CERM, Goswami, 6 minutes, or even the env textbooks I took with me 
Nice work on passing! EET is great  

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't waste time and money on a review course if I were you. The CERM and Practice Problems for the PE Exam are more than enough to pass the WRE exam. 

I wouldn't waste time and money on a review course if I were you. The CERM and Practice Problems for the PE Exam are more than enough to pass the WRE exam. 
Helpful info, although the user in question didn't have success with that route.  Not to mention has already done said course and passed exam.  But thanks for the input.

Back