Questions about new Refile process for Civil PE Exam - April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dementropy

Reaction score
They changed the refile date for the Civil PE Exam to "continuous filing". I emailed the Board and they have not gotten back to me. Does anyone know what this means as far as the last date to go onto NCEES and register for the exam?? Surely you wouldn't be able to pay the day before the test (April 13th, 2018). There must be some kind of cut off right??

I would like to register on the later side... because life is always throwing me loops and I've had to "No Show" before and lose my 350 bucks.  Thanks for any help!

Who is "the Board"?
Incorrect.

1391175945000-Alex-S30-Approved-Headshot-2-.jpg

They changed the refile date for the Civil PE Exam to "continuous filing". I emailed the Board and they have not gotten back to me. Does anyone know what this means as far as the last date to go onto NCEES and register for the exam?? Surely you wouldn't be able to pay the day before the test (April 13th, 2018). There must be some kind of cut off right??

I would like to register on the later side... because life is always throwing me loops and I've had to "No Show" before and lose my 350 bucks.  Thanks for any help!
I'm guessing you are referring to the California Board since their two state specific Civil exams were recently announced as going to continuous administration.  That, and the fact that the national PE-Civil exam administered by NCEES is still paper/pencil twice a year for the foreseeable future.  If this is true, and you need to sit for the national PE-Civil exam, you need to register/logon at NCEES (MyNCEES) account and register IMMEDIATELY if you wish to take it in April this year AND if the jurisdiction you are registering under allows for that without specific Board approval.  If you are registering under the California Board, and have previously passed the FE exam, just go register and take it.

Back