National Electric Safety Code C2 IEEE 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yero

Reaction score
I am planning to take PE exam in April 2018. Is the handbook of National Electric Safety Code C2 IEEE 2017 enough for the PE Power exam?

Thank you

I would double check that. My understanding is that as far as the NESC the handbook is only a side reference to the code and the codebook is separate. As opposed to NEC where the handbook includes all the code + additional walk through and thus the handbook is most often the recommended choice. I kept it safe and just bought the regular NESC code book (purple). Which handbook are you looking at? The gray one, for example, specifically says:

NESC® Handbook, Eighth Edition

Discusses Grounding Rules, General Rules, and Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the 3rd (1920) through 2017 Editions of the NESC. No representation of the Code text is included.

Straight from IEEE: http://standards.ieee.org/about/nesc/products.html

Since it explicitly states that the code itself isn't in the That alone made me stick with the regular (purple) Safety Code book. I'm also planning to take it in April 2018. Good luck!

Thank you for the advise. I was looking for the (orange) book premier edition but I will buy the purple one which is actually cheaper.

Thanks

I have the NESC handbook,  priemer edition.  (The orange color) 

This is the first edition (2017) that includes thw code and commentary similar to the NEC handbook.   

Check the page count,  one is approximately 300 pages longer then the other version. 

(It does state the definitive text is the code itself though,  but uses highlights,  bars and circles to identify changes.) 

Back