CA state exam application status for April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackma

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I don't know how many there have same situation. I passed national exam last October.  I sent out my application for license and state exams this January. I saw Board deposited my check already. However, so far I don't hear back from Board. I am just wondering that when and how board will contact with me about scheduling CA state exams. Could anyone share some thoughts?

Thank you guys.

1.)  Relax.  ;)  

2.)  It is helpful to read the threads in this forum.  This was only one or two threads down when you posted:

Capture.JPG

@ptatohed, thank you for your advice. I studied some topics before. It looks like board sends out some notices like reception of application or under techinical review for applications before. And for people taking state exams for April to July this year, board will only contact them once to inform them how to register exams directly? 

I wonder how it goes for other applicants who also take state exam this April to July.

@ptatohed, thank you for your advice. I studied some topics before. It looks like board sends out some notices like reception of application or under techinical review for applications before. And for people taking state exams for April to July this year, board will only contact them once to inform them how to register exams directly? 

I wonder how it goes for other applicants who also take state exam this April to July.
I am not clear what your question is?

Hi everyone,

I don't know how many there have same situation. I passed national exam last October.  I sent out my application for license and state exams this January. I saw Board deposited my check already. However, so far I don't hear back from Board. I am just wondering that when and how board will contact with me about scheduling CA state exams. Could anyone share some thoughts?

Thank you guys.
Just so you know, I'm in the same situation as you. I passed the national exam in October and I send out my application on January 5. So far they've only cashed my cash but haven't got any email or anything. Talking to people that did their application in the past, they say is normal. In any case, the board does say to give them 60 days before trying to contact them. 

Let's just me patience and hope for the best. In case I get anything, I'll let you know in this post. 

From my own experience, and from what I've heard from others, you'll probably hear sometime this month that your application has been sent for technical review. It was mentioned below, but give the board 60 days from the time of sending in your application. If you don't hear anything after 60-days then it's definitely worth reaching out to the board to make sure that your application wasn't missing any information and to find out what stage it's in. I assume they have a lot of applications that they're going through for all of the people that passed the national exam in October.

The "60 days" that the Board states is supposed to include the time from receipt of the completed application to the time that the applicant is notified of the results of the application review.  I emphasized "complete" because a large portion of applications that are received do not have sufficient information (i.e., signatures, names, dates, number of engagement forms, references not competing their part sufficiently, no fingerprints, no court documents, request to accept education but no transcripts, failed to include payment, etc.)  While it is important for the Board to always try and improve the effectiveness of their processes themselves, it is a two way street.

This being said, I would suspect that since the "new" process is new to everyone involved, including the Board staff, there are likely delays not caused by an action of the applicant.  All which is way I have offered assistance trying to help ease the transition for everyone.  The Board totally gets the concerns related to the amount it is taking.

I am in the same situation, I have a question, once they approve you to take the CA seismic and surveying do you choose the date or do they give you a date? do you take both test on the same day? 

I believe now, you get to choose your own date (within the said quarter) and no, i don't think  you have to take both tests on the same date. 

P.S. Still haven't heard anything from the board... 

Now I'm getting somewhat worry because I haven't got the first email saying the board received my application...  :unsure:  it'll almost be two months since I mailed my application. 

I just got an email. 

Letting me know my application was forwarded to technical review. I guess i skipped over the "application received" email lol 

I just got an email, letting me know that my application was incomplete, so apparently the way I filled the references was wrong.

I had to redo my application and re send it. 

Hopefully it won't delay my application process to much and I'm still able to get approved in this quarter 

I just got an email, letting me know that my application was incomplete, so apparently the way I filled the references was wrong.

I had to redo my application and re send it. 

Hopefully it won't delay my application process to much and I'm still able to get approved in this quarter 
Did you receive an email when your application was first sent to technical review? If so, how long was it between getting that email and this one that said your application was incomplete? 

I never got the email saying that my application was sent to technical review, I think it was on the first review. 
So on my references I've had 3 jobs so I only put 3 engagements with each one of my references for each job and then in the bottom in the remarks area i put 3 more references that I submitted. 
And the reviewer wanted to see all the references enlisted in the top part, didn't matter if they were from the same job as another.

A mistake on my part. 
I already resent the application hopefully It wont delay the process too much. 

I just got an email from the board. My application has been technically approved, and I'm approved for examination for the April to June quarter. 

@CAPLS Hi ! Any news regarding the ATTs for Civil State Specific Exams to the candidates that have already got an approved application? the April the 1st if 4 weeks away :) :)

Thank you very much! 

Just wanted to update you guys. I got my ATT and registration instructions today. I was able to register for both Seismic and Surveying very quickly upon receipt of the ATT (Authorization to Test).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back